Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Laptop tote/backpack recommendations please

Now I'm being dragged back into the office for a few days a week I'm looking for a nice bag for carrying my laptop in and out. I'm liking the look of a tote/ rucksack shape.
We've been told we're not allowed to keep food in the office as we are hot desking so I will need to take lunch and snacks in every day.
Does anyone have a recommendation of something that's not too boring and preferably sub-£100
I did like a grey one on Amazon but it's now out of stock and looking at the manufacturer's US webpage they are shutting down soon.
I quite fancy some of the Nordace ones.
Looking through lots of websites, they show lots of lovely external photos, but very few internal ones. They must be losing loads of sales.

Thanks
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I have this one from Mia Tui.

miatui/products/sydney-b...ltiple-colours
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I have this one from Mia Tui.

miatui/products/sydney-b...ltiple-colours
I did look at that and get myself a 15% off code for it, but I think I want one that's a bit wider.

I did buy myself a Mia Tui Olivia 3 years ago when I started my new job. I wish the internal pockets had a fastener rather than being gapey. Other than that they are great quality.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you're going to walking for any decent distance on your commute, I recommend a backpack over a tote. Much better for your back.

Not the most stylish thing, but I started using my Kipling rucksack that I sometimes use as my flight personal item for the office and it's great. I have the Micah 24L which I don't think they sell any more, but sure they have a similar shape still. And you can usually pick up Kipling for half price on Amazon, my order history says I paid less than £40 for it.

ETA: For something bigger, I also love my Antler backpack - again, another flight personal item bag. I don't think they sell my exact model anymore (Aire) but looks like still lots of options available. Love Antler bags and cases, such good quality.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just started using my Fjallraven Kanken for carrying my work stuff and iPad (although I’ve had laptop in it too). Find it much more comfortable than the shoulder bag I was using.
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I use a changing bag backpack. It’s spacious and fits everything in. The way the straps are on it I can have it as a cross body or a backpack, (I’ve never used it as a cross body bag.) I’ve managed a acquire a 2nd power cable so one lives in my bag so I don’t forget it on office days, I keep spare headphones and HDMI cable for screen connecting in it as well. I take in a wireless mouse and keyboard, laptop, notebook and mouse mat. I put my coffee mug and water bottle in my bag as well, but I use a separate cool bag for my lunch.

It’s practical and doesn’t scream
I’m carrying works equipment.

2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

I got a Seventeen London one from Amazon, I originally had a shoulder bag style but this one is far better. You can see inside, I can fit a lot into it.

Edited at 07:49 AM.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheers all.

When I said tote/rucksack I wasn't clear in that I didn't want a tote or a rucksack. I like the tote looking rucksacks.
The Fjallraven Kanken had caught my eye, but the Seventeen London ones look rather nice. I need to find one that guarantees my laptop will fit. I think that Hackney Mini will be a bit small but I quite like the look of their Canary Wharf bag.
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

I’m not sure which one mine is and I’ve just realised in the picture above it says mini. Mine is approx 42cm high x 30cm wide.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad which fits with plenty of room for papers, notepad etc
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

This is the one I have