Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Oct 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile Help me decide - split stay or not?

We are new owners at CCV planning our first trip “home” in May 2022.

We are 2 adults & 2 kids (then 4 and 3) and will definitely be doing 1 week at CCV in a 1 bed. Hiring a car also.

But I can’t decide if to:
a) spend 2 weeks at CCV
b) spend 1 week at CCV then the 2nd week at an Epcot resort (availability dependent of course)
c) spend 11 nights at CCV then just 3 nights at the Epcot resort - so we don’t really have to unpack quite so much.

Thinking we could hammer MK, AK, DS that first period then concentrate on EP/HS the second and be able to get back relatively easily w the kids.

Only problem with c is that it would mean we are enjoying Epcot over a weekend - which I know is busier. Friday to Monday to be precise!

My DH is sick of hearing about it so anyone else’s opinion welcome
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

B for us, every time. A week of walking to Epcot & boating to DHS can't be beat.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 05:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrBlueSky
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
We are new owners at CCV planning our first trip “home” in May 2022.

We are 2 adults & 2 kids (then 4 and 3) and will definitely be doing 1 week at CCV in a 1 bed. Hiring a car also.

But I can’t decide if to:
a) spend 2 weeks at CCV
b) spend 1 week at CCV then the 2nd week at an Epcot resort (availability dependent of course)
c) spend 11 nights at CCV then just 3 nights at the Epcot resort - so we don’t really have to unpack quite so much.

Thinking we could hammer MK, AK, DS that first period then concentrate on EP/HS the second and be able to get back relatively easily w the kids.

Only problem with c is that it would mean we are enjoying Epcot over a weekend - which I know is busier. Friday to Monday to be precise!

My DH is sick of hearing about it so anyone else’s opinion welcome
We love our split stays, so B for us
MrBlueSky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. There is no right or wrong answer as we are all different.

We never do s a split stay as we cannot be bothered with the hassle of packing up and then unpacking again later that day. Plus there is the issue of fresh food in the fridge as that would involve Bell Services storing it.

Talking of food a move would mean the Wine wouldn't be cold.

But. Enjoy CCV, lovely Resort.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Depends , for me the EPCOT location is the better of the two so I’d definitely do a full week there.
I tend to pack for a week and spend an hour mid holiday using Disney’s excellent laundry facilities (they even have an app telling you when the machine cycle has ended so the majority of the time is spent relaxing with a cocktail by the pool) . For me it’s no more hassle putting the clean laundry into cases rather than back in closets . It’s mainly shorts and t shirts plus underwear anyway. If you don’t want to do laundry just pack cases by week so the second week clothes aren’t unpacked til after the move.
You do know you don’t move your bags yourself but Bell Services just pick them up and move them whilst you are having a normal park day ?

Edited at 08:25 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Agree with the others, B. It’s so easy to move & a week at an MK resort with a week at an Epcot resort is the perfect WDW stay IMHO!

Enjoy, this is the beauty of DVC choosing between these wonderful resorts 😊

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think I would go A so you can settle and unpack for the whole time and you've just bought DVC there so enjoy it
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

B!

It’s like having two holidays and the Epcot location can’t be beaten
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Congratulations, I bet you're having fun thinking about all the possible options! Our DVC contract should be finalised within a month. I'm trying to rein myself in and not plan several hotels, I want to stay at them all! Lol 😆 I guess I'm trying to remember that we will have DVC for many, many years and we don't have to cram it all in to next year's trip.

That being said I reckon we will have 3 hotels! That doesn't include a universal hotel or a pre travel day hotel, so make that 5 hotels in total for the holiday.

Good luck trying to decide.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Another vote for option B

We love the Epcot resorts so would always spend more time there. We also own at CCV but not had the chance to stay there yet. As Duchy said, you can pack one weeks worth of clothes and wash/pack to move or take a case for each week. It’s so easy to move resorts, we have stayed at 5 in one trip before.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List