Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
hurnae90
Getting Excited

Orlando in December

I hate to sound like the grinch but

WHAT WILL I WEAR?

Never been to Florida later in the year. Anyone got any tips on best clothes to pack. I don't feel the cold very much and pretty much won't wear a coat in England until like December.
hurnae90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

It's cooler in the evenings. We had over 60 on Christmas day followed by frost in the Orange groves Boxing day. Take a coat & sweaters as well as shorts & t-shirts. We had the pool heat on at the villa & switched the heat on inside. They had experienced sever snow across the mid West the previous week and flights were delayed as a result.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We went in 2019/2020 Christmas I feel the cold so I was happy in jeans in the day and t shirts and a hoodie at night, my kids wore t shirt and shorts in the day and were swimming in the pool, and again hoodies at night.
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

If you don't wear a coat in the UK until December you'll be fine over there with trousers n warm top/fleece jacket in the evening. I feel the cold and was OK in shorts during the day, jeans n jacket at night. I think it's the variation in temp that catches you off guard. We did blizzard beach and it was lovely 😍
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I had to buy a hoody out there but never felt cold enough to ditch the shorts
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

We do sometimes get cold fronts which can give us a hard frost.

Last Christmas was particularly chilly.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

In Dec the temperature could be 30C or it could be 10C. There is an imaginary line that runs through the centre of Florida (Orlando). The temperature can vary wildly between the north and south of that line. If the weather is cooler and you're desperate for warmth or beach, you could rent a car for a day or two or head south where the weather could be wildly better.
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

We went in December and on a morning a hoodie was needed, midday it was warm an T Shirts and then the hoodie was back on at night. It’s like May over here I reckon when the weather is good.
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

The temperature varies wildly and you can be swimming with radiant 70F one day and freezing wearing a woolly hat and winter coat the next. I’m not saying that is the normal range but I have been there when that was the range. Layers are needed and Is take coats as we left ours in the car and had to buy new ones while there.
Old 22 Oct 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've had all kinds of December weather over the years we've been going,mostly it's been great,but it can get VERY cold and I'm a hardy Scot,there have been times the big jacket has been needed.. we've talked to Bostonians who say when Florida gets a cold wind it cuts through them more than their weather back home. Mostly we find it to be lovely though and have plenty pool days.🌞🎄
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List