Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Dec 06, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

I Wonder If That's A Dibber..Pt16..Biketoberfest & the worst meal of our holiday

Sarah... 40 ... that'll be me
DH Martin... 41... 'I wonder if they're dibbers...dibb, dibb, dibb'
DS Dale... 17... 'This time I cant wait to go'
DD Shannon..10... A Proper Little Madam

DD Lauren... 21... Disney Virgin
DSIL Sion... 23... Deserves a medal

Sunday 22nd October... Biketoberfest and probably the worst restaurant of our holiday.

Yet another record breaking day with temperatures reaching 91 degrees again.

It was the last day of Biketoberfest in Daytona and we were determined that we weren't going to miss it. I realize this report may be even more boring than normal for non-bikies so I apologize. For the bikers out there we took lots of photos.

The ride to Daytona in itself was an experience, the I4 was swarming with bikes going in both directions and loads of videoing was done.

Our first stop was the International Speedway which is where the trade stands were based. I started off with a spot of shopping, a new leather jackets for $55 and some t-shirts for us all before setting off to look at the stands...

I did ask if they would pay for shipping if I won...

Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 06, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

The Make A Wish chopper as seen on OCC...

Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 06, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

We grabbed Burgers, Pizza, Cokes and Cheap Budweisers from the Budweiser Cools Your Pipes Zone before heading towards the beach area. As we approached the bridges over the Halifax River we turned left as there were bikes parked up as far as the eyes could see. There is a Harley shop on the riverfront which was the centre of everything with music, barbecues, etc.

We took the bridge over the river onto Main Street and I can honestly the say that the sight took my breath away and actually brought tears to my eyes... something you probably wont understand if you didn't have a misspent (or well spent, it depends which way you look at it) youth as I did. I remember watching a programme about the bike festivals at Daytona Beach about 20 years ago but I never dreamt I would actually ever get there.

Martin found a car park just behind Main Street and I waited VERY impatiently while he paid and displayed.

We then spent a fantastic few hours walking, admiring the bikes, talking to some great people, browsing the stands and stores and drinking Bud ...well I did anyway, everybody else stuck to the soft stuff.

Yummy...

Shannon certainly is her mother's daughter and is right at home on the back of a bike...

Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Old 5 Dec 06, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

We took loads of photos of this one and then the owner saw us and told us to sit the kids on it if they wanted a go ... he is a fireman in Florida but born in New York.

Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Old 5 Dec 06, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

The kids were great and didn't complain once although I'm sure they must have got fed up of being dragged round and round all afternoon in that heat with their mum drooling over the bikes and wondering where the carefree days had gone. We finally returned to the car and did a circuit (ok then two circuits) of Main Street, Beach Street, Speedway Boulevard and South Atlantic Lane with me hanging out of the car window with video camera in hand before finally leaving and heading back to Orlando.

I had spotted Ming Garden on our last trip and we never got to eat there so I was determined that we were going to try it this time. This restaurant looks lovely from the outside. It is opposite Pointe Orlando. Now let me start by saying that the food itself was lovely it is just a shame it was ruined by the service. It was the quickest meal we ate, I think we were out of the restaurant in around 40 minutes. We were shown to our table and given our menus, no sooner had we opened them than he was there pointing everything out to us and reading the menu to us with his pad in hand ready to take our order. We ended up ordering our food and drinks straight away rather than doing what you normally do and have a drink and relaxing while looking at the menu. When the food did come we were a chicken dish short but just decided that as everything was in the middle of the table we would all share what there was. Dale finished first and his plate was whipped from the table before he even had time to straighten his knife and fork. While we carried on eating he was presented with the desert menu and when he had made his choice we were asked if we wanted anything. Martin at this stage was getting very annoyed and didn't want anything but Shannon and myself wanted ices. I would, however, have enjoyed it even more if we had received them when I had actually finished my main course. The bill was brought to the table before we finished our desserts and I looked at it while Martin was telling me not to dare leave a tip this time. When I looked at the bill which was printed their was a gratuity at 18.5% written in at the bottom of the receipt. Whereas before I was going to leave a minimal tip I told Martin I now felt we had no choice but to pay the full amount at which point Martin stood up and walked out of the restaurant. After throwing the exact money onto the table I did fill in the feedback slip and hand it in making our feelings known. We like to sit and relax over a meal and if we want fast food we will eat in McDonald's.

I met Martin back at the car and he apologized for walking out but said he was finding it hard to keep his mouth shut. As I said to him it is a lesson learned for next time... no wonder the restaurant was so empty.

We arrived back at the villa, got the kids to bed and unwound in the hot tub before crashing into bed and dreams of Harley's and chrome.

I do have loads of video and when I edit it all I can post some for anybody to see who is interested. Photos are nice but you cant beat the rumble of the Harley's
Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Old 13 Feb 07, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Great day
Old 5 Dec 06, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
rvoice100
slightly serious Dibber

ugh, minging court, we didnt like it there either, thought the food was rank and the waitress came over and kept calling my DGF very beautiful which was nice but 6 times in total, she just walked up to the table whilst we were eating and kept saying, oh you very beautiful, you very lucky man. like i said it was flattering at first but felt like telling her to shut it after a while lol
rvoice100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 06, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rvoice100
ugh, minging court,
LOl... that's exactly what Shannon calls it

We all like good service but this guy may as well have sat at the table with us
Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Old 5 Dec 06, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great bike photos, pity about Ming Court.

Bob
Old 5 Dec 06, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you really enjoyed your day with the bikes, Sarah - c'mon - tell me - how do you get your family to spend a whole day doing something that 'Mum' likes without them moaning and you feeling guilty?

What a pity about the meal - as you say, no wonder the place was pretty empty

Love Suexx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List