Old 5 Feb 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
We had a very rare free weekend so it was great to sit down and read your report. I'm just starting to think about our next trip in 2020 so a good trip report helps to get in the mood. Our trips are often all go too so it's nice to read another report that's so busy. Thanks for replying to all my comments, you must be fed up of me too!
I absolutely love getting to talk about last year's holiday all over again and reminding myself of all the fun things we got up to. So I'm more than happy that you've resurrected the days from the beginning, there's now only 4 more days left to post and I'm a little sad about it coming to an end as the pre trip was started way back in 2017.

It's funny as I often think ours are somewhat lazy trips as opposed to on the go all the time. Apart from the 4 park challenge we have never had a way when we've gone from park open to close without a considerable break in the middle of the day. Our days all follow the same pattern of parks until lunch, resort pool time until dinner and then we will probably fit in a couple of hours of park time after dinner. You're right though as we do seem to cram a lot in, I don't let any of us draw breath and we have definitely mastered the fast walk, not running of course just walking fast, oh and I don't allow unscheduled toilet, food or drink breaks

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I thought it was possible to have category 1 at the 8.30pm but then I seem to remember reading recently that someone said it had changed. I'd always planned on that being a later meal and to do it before a water park as they are later starts.

I guess the Tusker vs CP debate was never really a debate for us. The food at all the buffets is pretty similar, they all have the salads, carved meats and veggies and the dessert selections. So, it really was about the characters.

I'm wondering now whether Tony's on day 1 is such a good plan as we will be a bit tired by parade time. But, I didn't want to do CP lunch on day 1 as that's what we did last year and I wanted to save up CRT for a later day so there wasn't really a choice. Hopefully we will last, I'm thinking of planning in a few of the shows in the morning, laugh floor and carousel of progress, as this will break up the rides and give us a rest. Plus you know that M & K adore laugh floor.

Oh dear you have Tusker House-gate at home. There is no debate, no discussion, no dilemma...unless you change your mind and upgrade.

I can't think what I'd replace Biergarten with, it just feels a bit precarious as I've booked it before and it's fallen by the wayside as it doesn't seem as glamourous as other places. It does have the new to all of us card in its favour though, so thats a plus point.

Helen did a fab review of the GG breakfast. If I recall rightly she ate all the meet and she left the cinnamon bun to her DH. I think we will really like that meal. I hope we can get a booth, do they seat 6 in a booth? It seems like with the 4 of us there's loads of room but I don't know if there would be space for 6.

I think I'm erring on the side of Cali Grill dinner too. I just know we'd never get round to going back in the evening to watch the fireworks and this will be our penultimate night at WDW.

It all feels like a million years away and yet right around the corner at the same time. I know the time between now about fast pass day will both drag and fly by.

In the meantime Kate and me are going to DLP for 4 nights over half term. We leave in 12 days! How exciting is that? She's never been and both the first and last time I went was in the year 2000 and I'm sure it was called eurodisney back then. That will keep me going for a bit.

Xx
They will be able to seat six in a booth at Garden Grill, the tables can be extended if needed.
Fingers crossed you get one as they are much more intimate than the regular tables on the upper level.

Have a wonderful time in DLP, I'm sure you and Kate will make some lovely memories! Have you booked any dining? Where are you staying? I am very jealous!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
They will be able to seat six in a booth at Garden Grill, the tables can be extended if needed.
Fingers crossed you get one as they are much more intimate than the regular tables on the upper level.

Have a wonderful time in DLP, I'm sure you and Kate will make some lovely memories! Have you booked any dining? Where are you staying? I am very jealous!
Phew! Thanks for reassuring me. It seems like such a pointless thing, but I like the booths and looking out into the living with the land ride.

DLP is single figures now! Eek! We have lots of dining booked, we have the free standard dining so it's the buffet meals in the cheaper places as opposed to the posher restaurants. I have also booked up Captain Jack's, the restaurant that's inside the POTC ride, as this looks great!

We are staying in hotel Cheyenne...toy story themed rooms what's not to love?

I'm also so excited that it will just be the 2 of us as well. Obviosuly I love our family holidays, but I'm really looking forward to spending time together just us.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Phew! Thanks for reassuring me. It seems like such a pointless thing, but I like the booths and looking out into the living with the land ride.

DLP is single figures now! Eek! We have lots of dining booked, we have the free standard dining so it's the buffet meals in the cheaper places as opposed to the posher restaurants. I have also booked up Captain Jack's, the restaurant that's inside the POTC ride, as this looks great!

I'm also so excited that it will just be the 2 of us as well. Obviosuly I love our family holidays, but I'm really looking forward to spending time together just us.
We didn't eat in Captain Jack's when we visited and I really regret it!

Have a marvellous time when it comes and we'll look forward to the TR xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

DLP ... how did I miss this trip or is this my useless memory playing tricks on me? I'm guessing it's just you and Kate, if so that will be such a lovely trip. Are you doing a trip report for that too? I really think you should! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
We didn't eat in Captain Jack's when we visited and I really regret it!

Have a marvellous time when it comes and we'll look forward to the TR xxx
I haven't been able to get a reservation for Chez Remy, not that I've tried that hard. But I think I'll ask when we check in or try and do a walk up.

We got our hand luggage cases out today to do some packing! Kate is taking the figment pillow pet, he fills half a bag! I didn't have the energy to talk her out of it.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
DLP ... how did I miss this trip or is this my useless memory playing tricks on me? I'm guessing it's just you and Kate, if so that will be such a lovely trip. Are you doing a trip report for that too? I really think you should! Xx
Yes just me and Kate. 8 days until we go! Of course there is going to be a trip report. I should get started on a pre trip for that too really! I'm thinking it may not get posted until next weekend.

Old 10 Feb 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Yay, looking forward to reading about the DLP trip too. We loved our meal at Remy’s but I think that’s because we were with friends and happy to take our time...it was not a fast meal at all, just so you can factor that into your plans if you go. Have a wonderful time!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm howling at the thought of Kate with Figment, hopefully she'll soon realise she needs more space and change her mind. We brought two home last year (the cats sleep on them) and could only fit one in the case, I made Nik carry Pooh as his hand luggage.

Fingers crossed you can get an ADR at Chez Remy, it's very funny.
Old 10 Feb 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay, looking forward to reading about the DLP trip too. We loved our meal at Remy’s but I think that’s because we were with friends and happy to take our time...it was not a fast meal at all, just so you can factor that into your plans if you go. Have a wonderful time!
Hmm, ok. I actually think the buffet's will suit us perfectly as we can take our time if it's cold and wet or need a bit of a rest, or we can rush through it if we are keen to get back out. It's going to be good weather though I think I've had a little look ahead and it looks pretty sunny and about 10 degrees, so not too bad for February.

I'm howling at the thought of Kate with Figment, hopefully she'll soon realise she needs more space and change her mind. We brought two home last year (the cats sleep on them) and could only fit one in the case, I made Nik carry Pooh as his hand luggage.

Fingers crossed you can get an ADR at Chez Remy, it's very funny.
Oh I know, of all the cuddly toys to take... she only has one that is larger and that's Olaf he would need a whole case to himself.

At the moment I am not arguing with her, but I might suggest that if she takes a smaller toy then there will be more room for souvenirs I don't want to take more than 2 little hand luggage cabin cases as really a big case for 4 days would be ridiculous, but she doesn't like the idea of packing light.

Old 11 Feb 19, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I am happy that you kept Biergarten as I am thinking of including it in our plans and would love to know what you think.

How annoying of B&C to close for refurb... don't they know that you need to attack the Kitchen Sink with the grandparent reinforcements?! It's funny they are closing the ice cream shop for refurb in the summer - surely over the winter would be better timing.

Glad you were able to book Hoop De Doo using credits, that show sounds like a lot of fun.

Hope that you and Kate have a fabulous time at DLP. The castle park there is truly beautifully done - be sure to visit the dragon under the castle!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List