Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

So the receptionist said it was the owner of the land that’s responsible, I’d be asking for their details and contacting them. It’s not that unusual for GPS practices to rent their premises...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had this at our doctors.
One day my elderly father forgot to enter his details in the system when it first started.
I asked the receptionist for a copy of his appointment details, I appealed the fine saying he was elderly and forgot to put his reg in, I attached a photo of his appointment slip on the appeal and they let him off.
I’ve done it for him when he put a digit wrong for his reg on the system and he got let off with that as well.
Try to appeal
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
You could consider writing to whoever owns the land, as they employ the private parking company. I actually think it is appalling that a doctor's surgery has employed a private parking company. They are the scum of the earth, but I know it happens at hospitals too. I was successful with this when my son parked on the street near an elderly people's home. However, the signs were not visible at all in this case. I wrote to the CEO, and when the company realised the sort of pressure the parking firm were putting us under, they instructed them to drop it! Definitely worth a try.
Edit - Bondy beat me to it!
How is it appalling that the surgery has employed a private parking company? In this case, if you are a genuine visitor to the doctors Surgery, all you have to do is register when you went into the building, and as a genuine patient you get no charge. It has been said there was lots of signs in the car park advising this, in this case the OP has advised that her DH did not notice these, which was unfortunate, so the system issues an penalty invoice.
This system is obviously set up to help visiting patients find a parking space, which may have otherwise been taken by others using the car park but not the Surgery.
I think, in this circumstance, the parking system in operation assists genuine patients, some of whom may have mobility problems.
Totally different to the parking enforcers who charge for a few minutes over time.
My opinion, specifically on this case not parking in general.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tylergeorgia View Post
We had this at our doctors.
One day my elderly father forgot to enter his details in the system when it first started.
I asked the receptionist for a copy of his appointment details, I appealed the fine saying he was elderly and forgot to put his reg in, I attached a photo of his appointment slip on the appeal and they let him off.
I’ve done it for him when he put a digit wrong for his reg on the system and he got let off with that as well.
Try to appeal
That was what we did on the original appeal, but they didn't let us off- your parking company must have been feeling much more lenient!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Ignore it if you have evidence of parking for a legitimate purpose and have appealed with that evidence. You have received an invoice, not a fine and if they did decide to try to take you to court it would get thrown out at that level.

Have a look on the Peppipoo and money saving forums for more detailed advice if you want to think about this route.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
How is it appalling that the surgery has employed a private parking company? In this case, if you are a genuine visitor to the doctors Surgery, all you have to do is register when you went into the building, and as a genuine patient you get no charge. It has been said there was lots of signs in the car park advising this, in this case the OP has advised that her DH did not notice these, which was unfortunate, so the system issues an penalty invoice.
This system is obviously set up to help visiting patients find a parking space, which may have otherwise been taken by others using the car park but not the Surgery.
I think, in this circumstance, the parking system in operation assists genuine patients, some of whom may have mobility problems.
Totally different to the parking enforcers who charge for a few minutes over time.
My opinion, specifically on this case not parking in general.
My opinion stays the samE. I've had the letters through the door threatening that they are sending the bailiffs. If they send this to an elderly patient who cannot afford to pay - do you think they'll care? I agree with Bondy - they are vermin

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

I am in the 'Just pay' camp seeing as like you said, there were signs up everywhere very annoying but very little you can do x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

Write back to them telling them you reject their rejection of your appeal. You had valid grounds to be parked there for free. They didn’t suffer any material loss from you being parked there as if you had registered you wouldn’t have paid anyway. It’s ridiculous that they didn’t retract the fine after you produced evidence that you used the car park for its intended purpose.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Here’s my take - for what it’s worth. I would pay the lower charge but in an accompanying letter stress that the payment is being made ‘without prejudice’ and that you intend to appeal to POPLA.
You can then appeal but still only pay the lower charge if the appeal is unsuccessful. If successful, claim the charge back. JMO
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If you want to pay offer a reduced amount that is appropriate and similar for the amount of time that local car parks charge, say £1 per hour. They can only get you to pay if they take you to court and if you lost then its highly likely that the Judge would reduce the charge any way as it has to be appropriate so.

I had something similar happen where the Dennys near us is, the car park was free for the previous company but I got a "charge" so emailed Dennys and they got it dropped. I told Dennys that I wasn't going to either if they didn't do anything.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List