Notices

Old 29 Aug 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kedo_21
A Guest at All-Stars

Hi, we are due out from MAN on Wednesday 4th with VA. I'm really hoping its not as bad as they think

Even though they may allow flights i'm dubious the parks are going to be open for a few days after the storm passes. Fingers crossed for everyone flying!
kedo_21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anyone have previous experience or predictions on flights departing the UK Saturday AM, arriving MCO Saturday afternoonish? I'm wondering if Saturday morning flights into FL will be ok or should I prepare for the worst
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
feather32
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I think magic kingdom has very rarely been closed for weather causes and usually they are on the worst days of hurricanes in the past (interesting videos on YT) . I’m presuming other parks will have the same protocols/situations so parks may be open once the worst day(s) have passed. Makes you think if staying on site is it worth it going in as everyone else will avoid the travelling? (Only if safe to head into parks and weather not terrible of course!)
feather32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by kedo_21 View Post
Hi, we are due out from MAN on Wednesday 4th with VA. I'm really hoping its not as bad as they think

Even though they may allow flights i'm dubious the parks are going to be open for a few days after the storm passes. Fingers crossed for everyone flying!
I arrived my last visit the day after Irma hit, and all the parks had reopened, I was in POR and there were huge numbers of maintenance guys with trucks clearing things up. I wasn't there for the hurricane itself so not sure how long the parks were all closed, think it might have been 2 days, Disney imposed a curfew during the storm but I believe they did look after everyone in the resorts.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minniebella View Post
Are you just going to wait it out and see?
We are due to leave Tampa on the 2nd, we are indirect so Tampa-Philadelphia-Heathrow.I really don’t want to be doing the drive down to Tampa from Orlando on Monday morning.
Thinking that I will phone BA when back from parks today.
Agree, as Really not sure what to do, as driving 4 hours in a storm feels a bit much
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
I arrived my last visit the day after Irma hit, and all the parks had reopened, I was in POR and there were huge numbers of maintenance guys with trucks clearing things up. I wasn't there for the hurricane itself so not sure how long the parks were all closed, think it might have been 2 days, Disney imposed a curfew during the storm but I believe they did look after everyone in the resorts.
Correct on the 2 days, everything closed at 9pm Saturday night, and reopened Tuesday morning - Considering the size of Irma, there wasn't a huge amount of damage to the parks. Hopefully Dorian isnt too bad.
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TopTart
Getting to know the DIBB

We're here now in Orlando and meant to be travelling down to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday in readiness for our BA flight on Sunday afternoon from Miami to Chicago. Hoping BA might give us the option of flying from MCO a day earlier and will save us the journey down to MIA. We'll lose our money for the booking in Ft Lauderdale but might be worth it as not sure what to do, whether to stock up once we get there or just camp out at the airport in anticipation of our flight on Sunday afternoon if it can't be changed. Anyone know if we can return our Alamo hire car to MCO if we can change flights?
TopTart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
Correct on the 2 days, everything closed at 9pm Saturday night, and reopened Tuesday morning - Considering the size of Irma, there wasn't a huge amount of damage to the parks. Hopefully Dorian isnt too bad.
Thanks, I thought so, I actually arrived on the Tuesday on one of the first flights in after MCO reopened

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

Thanks, I thought so, I actually arrived on the Tuesday on one of the first flights in after MCO reopened
Did you see much of a knock on effort to your flight? As in delays etc.?
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
Did you see much of a knock on effort to your flight? As in delays etc.?
The flight was OK, but we did circle for around 30 mins just off the coast before landing, presumably because flights had backed up from MCO having been closed the previous day. I believe some flights were diverted to Miami and Tampa too. As far as dapartures go, as I was going through the terminal there were a lot showing delayed, presumably because a lot of aircraft were out of position