Mobile

We have food and fuel so a case of waiting it out now
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by palmlodge View Post
If you’re flying with BA and potentially affected by Dorian, visit this page for guidance on affected airports and what flight options you have. If you are you can call BA and either they can find you a flight or you can tell them a route if available.

We switched from a MIA Sunday evening return to an AA flight via Dallas on a BA codeshare at no extra charge. You just need to call BA.

Search google flights for your options but it doesn’t have to be the same airport, whatever works for you to get you home.

ba-assistant.eu-gb.mybluemix...e597c44eda6303
Thank you will try
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Palmlodge started a thread outlining his flight changing experience with BA, including a BA assistance link, HERE
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

We fly back late Saturday night. At the moment that all looks fine but i am concerned about driving to Miami and finding out flight is cancelled for whatever reason and having nowhere to go! And likely all flights full. Am I over worrying?!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Saw this house as we went out this eve. Still hoping our flight gets away ok on Sunday.
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

What time is your Sunday flight and where from?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
What time is your Sunday flight and where from?
3.26 from Tampa to JFK then 9pm JFK to Heathrow
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TopTart
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by voicon View Post
I've just been to Walmart Cagans Crossing, its busy, long queues for water and limited but they are doing a great job to keep it moving.

Some shelves empty but not too bad, I imagine though things will get worse over the next day or so.
Just got back from there myself. All shelves with canned products now empty and literally no water but lots of bottled drinks still available. We still don't know what to do as meant to be driving down to FLL on Saturday in readiness for our AA flight from MIA on Sunday to Chicago. No idea what to do but happy to leave as soon as possible if I'm honest.
TopTart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We fly back late Saturday night. At the moment that all looks fine but i am concerned about driving to Miami and finding out flight is cancelled for whatever reason and having nowhere to go! And likely all flights full. Am I over worrying?!
Hi Alison, unfortunately no-one can answer, it all depends how Dorian develops. Apparently Miami airport will close if sustained winds reach 55mph.
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Harborne
Looking for my Ears

We are flying on Sunday afternoon from Fort Myers - Atlanta - LHR. The first leg is with Delta then Virgin.

I spoke to VA earlier and they stated that Fort Myers isn't on their list to assist with the rearranging of flights. Likewise Tampa doesn't feature. Told me to monitor the website for updates.

They are confident that the Wsst side of Florida will not be impacted by the storm on Sunday.
Harborne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List