Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

End October/November?

What’s Orlando / parks / weather like?

I’ve only ever been for Easter and I as we may have to reschedule our trip in 10 days due to corona etc and I’m wondering about this time of year instead? (Not that you can guarantee it’ll be over by then). Probably October half term and the 2 weeks after it.
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did half term in 2018. Hot and wonderful. Loved it. Was about 28 every day
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
We did half term in 2018. Hot and wonderful. Loved it. Was about 28 every day
Humid at all? Is it still summer busy then?
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve done Disney the last week in October, the weather was great and as soon as Halloween decorations came down Christmas started to go up so you got two celebrations in one. Would definitely go that time of year again.
Really hope you don’t have to reschedule though 🤞🏻
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We did a week over October half term.
The weather was great, not humid and it was definitely quieter than Easter which is the only other time of year we,ve been.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked that time to go next year as we wanted to do Halloween and see the Christmas decorations. Flying out on the 25th October for three weeks.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We did late October, early November just gone. We previously only did May, June & July. We had about 3 or 4 really hot humid days right around Halloween, it was like July! Taxi drivers, staff etc said it was so unusual for the time of year. Immediately after those few days it cooled right off and it was crazy to see the locals in jackets & hats etc, it was just perfect T-shirt weather for us

The crowds were so low at parks, I really enjoyed this time of year and would love to go again but as DD's only get a week off school/uni the most we can do is 10 days.
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've been 5 times now and thats always been the best month weather wise, we are going again in october this year but not Orlando, we are doing a road trip around Florida. Lovely time of year imo 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went end October/early November last year, mainly as I was doing the Wine and Dine races.

Halloween was in full swing end October - went for MNSSHP - all Halloween decorations up.
Almost overnight at the start of November (November 2 or 3) MK transformed into Christmas.
From November 8 onwards it was Christmas season at MK/DHS/AK, Epcot wasn’t quite Christmassy yet at that time though. Also some Christmas stuff doesn’t start until later in November (gingerbread houses, Festival of the Holidays...).

It was a nice way of seeing two seasons at WDW!

Weather wise - first few days incredibly hot and humid, it was basically summer weather. Almost overnight it changed to nice and cool (just in time for the races). Remainder was a balance between cool and summer weather. I think I had a cardigan with me but don’t think I used it much, probably just a couple of times on occasion.
Old 15 Mar 20, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I went 31 Oct to 12 Nov in 2018 for Halloween and Christmas parties, it was hot and busy! Still loved it but will stick to February next time I go!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List