Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

general restrictions

We currently are booked to fly virgin to orlando, with 14 nights at old key west with free dining plan. However, with the news that dining plan is being removed I am quite reluctant to pay the excessive price of a disney hotel without all the benefits that I thought I was getting.
Because I have been so focused on disney and their plans/restrictions, Im not really sure what is happening elsewhere. Does anyone know what the restrictions are at Universal? we are huge water park fans and i believe volcano bay is open (even though disney have not actually mentioned their water parks) - are there any restriction there? Do you have to wear masks at universal? or city walk?

Also the orlando area in general - are there requirements to wear masks at shops etc?

I do not wish to offend anyone but as a theatre nurse, I am very much of the opinion that the incorrect use of ppe (masks and gloves) is far worse than not at all. I think it gives people a false sense of security - if they want to wear them fine, but Id rather not.
Hopefully someone can give me an idea of what the rest of florida is like

thanks x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Anyone know anything about universal or the Orlando area in general?
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

These are the current guidelines for Universal. Hope that helps a little.

I’m sure if you go on their website, there’ll be more info.
Here’s a link.
universalorlando/web...rations-update

Hope you manage to have a great holiday if you do get to go.🤗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

thanks! wonder what orlando is like outside of the parks?
and the rest of florida if we decide to forego disney and do a beach trip?
Old 29 May 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
thanks! wonder what orlando is like outside of the parks?
and the rest of florida if we decide to forego disney and do a beach trip?
The owner of the villa I booked said that things were beginning to open up but other than that, I have no idea! 😬 Sorry.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You'll have to hope that regular Dibbers angelbabe or DonnaD spot the thread as they live there.

Also a couple of newish Dibbers - one from central Florida and one Virginia. If you really want to the absolute facts you could PM one of them

When are you planning on going?

Mick

Edited at 04:46 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You'll have to hope that regular Dibbers angelbabe or DonnaD spot the thread as they live there.

Also a couple of newish Dibbers - one from central Florida and one Virginia. If you really want to the absolute facts you could PM one of them

When are you planning on going?

Mick
July 18th 😬
Old 29 May 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
July 18th 😬
Heresyourears is from Virginia and has been on a lot lately, State27 lives in Central Florida, Angelbabe lives in Clermont and DonnaD near Formosa Gardens.

If none of them spot your thread try and send them a PM.

On the other hand the USA is possibly a bit behind us in terms of cases peak and much can change by mid-July but I'm positive they would help. You may find the first two in the current issues forum talking about how safe is USA etc.

Mick

Edited at 05:37 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for alerting me to this link Mick. I’m a few states away in Virginia but we are in phase 1 the same as Florida. Masks are a requirement just about everywhere indoors. Many restaurants are starting to open with outdoor seating spaced well apart. Social distancing is expected everywhere and enforced where possible, although for the most part police have a very light presence if at all in this regard. Many places of business remain closed although you won’t have any trouble finding food or necessary supplies. I think you would find that most Americans are still friendly and helpful although cautious as would be expected. Hopefully we will be able to move into phase 2 soon! Can’t wait to welcome all of our UK friends back to the United States.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
Thanks for alerting me to this link Mick. I’m a few states away in Virginia but we are in phase 1 the same as Florida. Masks are a requirement just about everywhere indoors. Many restaurants are starting to open with outdoor seating spaced well apart. Social distancing is expected everywhere and enforced where possible, although for the most part police have a very light presence if at all in this regard. Many places of business remain closed although you won’t have any trouble finding food or necessary supplies. I think you would find that most Americans are still friendly and helpful although cautious as would be expected. Hopefully we will be able to move into phase 2 soon! Can’t wait to welcome all of our UK friends back to the United States.
That’s a lovely response - thank you - can’t wait to come back x