Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Fitbits... worth it... ?

In a bid to lose my weight, I have started walking like mad in the mornings 6 miles is the usual walk.
Have been going with my friend a couple of days a week and we take the dogs.

Today she told me about her Fitbit and I really thought it looked a good idea.

I like the Fitbit Versa 2 with Alexa Petal copper rose... but as they are not that cheap, I wondered if they are worth it.

I asked one friend and with a laugh she said, I have a dog and a watch.

Any dibbers with experience of these ? Are they worth the price.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t have a Fitbit but have an Apple Watch and love it. It definitely makes me more active.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mine's been in a drawer after 2 weeks of buying it 😂 just use my watch now. Can't be bothered.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got a Fitbit Versa, and I really like it. I wear it all the time.
Old 29 May 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you want to lose weight exercise is a bonus - what counts is what goes in calories wise.

Do a calculation how many calories walking 6 miles 3 times a week. Approx it's about 600 calories each time, times 3 that's 1800 calories. You need to burn/cut intake by 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat, by walking 3 times a week and not changing your diet you will potentially lose half a pound a week.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Is a fitbit worth it? Yes, it gives you a goal and a method to measure. Just make sure you know what your goal is and how best to achieve it.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

My DW uses a fitbit in conjunction with the myfitnesspal app on her phhone. Allows you to track exercise and food intake.

I used to do this but the lockdown has seen me start snacking again.
Old 29 May 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I debated this for ages but I took the plunge and got a fit bit versa 2 yrs ago and have never looked back. Love it!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I posted a thread on here a few weeks ago,about needing to lose weight during lockdown.
One of my staff advised me to get a Fitbit so I could join in the challenges.
She sets a weekly step challenge
a weekend step challenge and a weekly bingo challenge.
It is the best thing I have bought,as it certainly motivates me,when otherwise I may think I can’t be bothered.
This week on the weekly step challenge which runs mon-fri I have done 90390 steps and I’m in 2nd place behind my husband who has done 196197 steps,so I don’t mind coming 2nd to that lol!
I am very overweight,so these challenges certainly get me up and moving.
I weighed today and I have lost 14lb,which I am happy with,as I am furloughed so not working,so not as active the rest of the day,that is 5 weeks.
So for me,it has definitely motivated me and has been worth it.
Tracy x
Old 29 May 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

I have a Garmin version and i find it definitely makes me more active.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List