Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 May 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Theming
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Would you want to go now even if you could?

Hi all

Let’s assume all 4 parks/Disney hotels are open for foreign guests and flights going this summer, would people still want to go? On the one hand, it’s a Disney trip. On the other no free dining plan, no fastpass, no park hopping, possibly no water parks, shorter park hours, checks upon entry, face masks in 100 degree humidity etc etc. Seems like a lot less holiday for the same very high price. Or do you think it will mean empty parks and the no fireworks/parades don’t bother you? We had August booked but flights already been cancelled so at worst will lose £200 Disney world deposit so quite relieved, but perhaps I’m missing the advantages?
Theming is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepino
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

No, I won't be going even if my paid for flight does.

I'd like to go to Florida again, but would probably give the theme parks a miss in future visits. Been there, done that, don't fancy a lesser experience for the same money.
Pepino is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No. We had decided a few weeks ago that even if we could go this September we really didn’t want to take the risk. This latest news is the final nail in the coffin and we won’t be going. We’re now just waiting for Disney to get in touch about our options before moving the trip to next September.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

I wasnt aware of confirmation of no water parks, has this been announced and I've missed it?

No free dining I will only accept with a significant reduction to my final balance.

No park hopping I can live with, to me it's not a big deal.

Shorter park hours, I'm on the fence with.

Checks and masks don't bother me.

I think if it was our first trip or first trip in awhile I wouldn't hesitate to reschedule or cancel but we were there less than 12 months ago and I don't mind and I'm happy to try a slow paced version.

FPs are not an issue yet for me, if it is quieter then it's a non issue.

No parades, we don't watch them anyway.

No fireworks I at least wont have to listen to dh moan about the scrum and I worry the kids can't see so I'm happy to not be tied to these.

I am an enternal optimist and I want to believe that things rapidly changed over the last 8weeks, there is a chance another 8 weeks will see things change even more and hopefully for the better.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

If our flight goes we will, we're quite happy with a mostly resort stay and I'm more at risk every day at work.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

As much as I would love no queues since we never stay onsite it would be a massive risk to go and possibly not even get in let alone no fireworks and parades etc. Plus I have little ones who love the princesses.
I couldn’t take them to Disney like this. It will ruin the experience in my opinion for my children
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

No I wouldn't, it wouldn't be the same and let's face it it would me too much money for too much worry.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

No I don’t want to go either. Until everything is as back to normal as it can be, we will be holidaying in the U.K (whenever we can do that again).
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Definitely not even it was a free holiday.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Another no from me.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List