Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Feb 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MsSparkles View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Think we might look at the canaries instead - don't want to take the risk that it might be cold and raining!
Another alternative is the Costa Del Sol. We went in 2018 and kids spent the week swimming in the sea at half term so plenty warm enough.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Another alternative is the Costa Del Sol. We went in 2018 and kids spent the week swimming in the sea at half term so plenty warm enough.
imo still a bit risky in october you might get like you lucky or face similar to the Balearics this time of year
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've had 2 weeks in Menorca in October the last 2 years and have had some lovely weather, doing the same this year. Very quiet though, the weather's all down to luck really, we've had the odd time in Tenerife when we hardly saw any sun.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

We went for 3 nights to Mallorca in October half term , first day was gorgeous sunbathing weather, second day was overcast but the sea was warm enough for swimming ( and I am a wimp! ) , third day it poured down !
We always stay in Port de Soller but spend time in Soller and Palma .
I love Mallorca so much I would go in any weather - I am off there with my daughter this week .
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went a couple of years ago and weather was mixed. Some really heavy rain and some hot sun. We were looking to go Scottish school October week but was extortionate. We ended up getting Orlando cheaper 😁
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We went to Mallorca 23rd September 2016. It rained so hard that our apartment roof leaked. The kitchen flooded, and we were ankle deep in water just walking down the road. I’ve honestly never seen rain like it. Thunder and lightning for hours on end. 2 days later, we were in bikinis roasting on the beach all day.

Sadly no guarantees I don’t think, especially in Europe.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List