Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

40th

Hi all...

It’s my husbands 40th this year and haven’t a clue what to get him... so I was thinking maybe to book an experience for when we go to Disney next year. It would be something to look forwards to... does anyone know of anything? He is Star Wars crazy! Any ideas welcome, Thankyou all
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi

I know this might be a tall order but just thought it might be interesting to look at anyway.

Disney's Star Wars hotel to open in 2021
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be a two-night vacation experience
Guests will be able to live out their own Star Wars adventure.
Galactic Starcruiser won't be like a traditional hotel stay. Instead, it'll be a two-night vacation experience with a "two-day, cruise-like itinerary."

In this vacation experience, guests will be able to live out their own Star Wars adventure aboard the Halcyon starcruiser (hotel) and on Batuu (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge).

When guests first arrive at the hotel, they'll begin their adventure at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal. From there, they'll board a special launch pad that takes them to the starcruiser.

Once aboard the Halcyon, guests will find cabins that offer views of space, lightsaber training, character meet-and-greets, themed dining and more.

During their stay, guests will also be taken to Batuu on special transport vehicles designed to keep them "in the story."

So far, Disney hasn't officially released any information on pricing for the experience.

Galactic Starcruiser is currently under construction directly across from Galaxy's Edge, which opened to the public on August 29 at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I’ve booked to build a light sabre at Savi’s workshop for my husbands 30th.
You could also build a droid or do the Star Wars fireworks dessert party!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes he has been talking about the new hotel, we may possibly be there 29th August depending on when schools are back... I will check out the desert party... has anyone done this? I will look at the light sabre too
Thankyou x

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I believe the hotel experience is quite limited in numbers, and expect pricing to be in line with that. Plus the hotel itself, I wouldn't expect any change out of $500+ per person but that's just a finger in the air guess. And they'll probably be fully booked as soon as it's available.
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DanniC View Post
Yes he has been talking about the new hotel, we may possibly be there 29th August depending on when schools are back... I will check out the desert party... has anyone done this? I will look at the light sabre too
Thankyou x
The hotel is 2021 opening not this year and I expect it will be late 2021 too. It is my 50th birthday this year and I don’t think I could consider a trip to SW hotel eighteen months later much to do with my 50th birthday treats.

We have booked a few add on treats during my April birthday trip. We are going to Droid depot and are going to build one each, after that we will go to Oga’s Cantina, I don’t have very high expectations of that but I think it is worth doing once. On our first day we have the Early Morning a magic booked and we are also doing an After Hours event.

Edited at 07:10 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes I know what you mean, it’s a long wait for a birthday treat... I will keep thinking... thanks all

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyRoobs
slightly serious Dibber

DisneyRoobs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

How about a fireworks cruise or the Wild Africa trek at AK?

- Ash & Lucy's West Coast Adventure - Pre Trip Report
- Start Spreadin' the News: Christmas in NYC 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 Magical Years (Well, maybe 7 or so) Jan '13 Trip Report
- The Fanny-Packers Hit Florida Dec '11 Trip Report
DisneyRoobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List