Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Best beach to visit?

Hi all

Which beach is best to visit for a few days away from disney/universal etc?

Thanks x
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Yensid25
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Obvious choice I know but Clearwater is a good place to go. Beaches are amazing and plenty around too.
Yensid25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Depends what you are looking for.. and opinions vary greatly. It also depends on whether you like unspoilt, or built up with lots of restaurants and bars.. i.e Would you prefer Newquay or Kynance Cove? Do you have children and what ages?

For us, it has always been Casperson just south of Venice as the kids like collecting fossilised sharks teeth in the sand. It has a boardwalk behind it, very nearby and free parking and lots of bird life. Just up the coast is a really nice restaurant, Sharkys on the pier where you can watch fishing that is actually successful.

This year we are trying Delnor Wiggins state park in Naples and also DeSoto, just south of St Petes. Both are again, quiet and unspoilt.

We have also been to Clearwater (too built up and busy for us Cornish folk) Daytona Beach (same) Cocoa Beach (Dirty) Anna Maria Island (really special and a compromise between unspoilt and built up). All of the above have good sand.

If you are adventurous and like driving, then the very best for us have been Pensacola Beach and Destin Beach, directly in front of Henderson State park.

The Keys beaches that we have been on were not that special (although the keys were).

Without knowing you, I would suggest Holmes Beach on Anna Maria, laid back feel, not too far and amazing sand quality. if you go a little further south, I believe that you can swim with Manatees at Bradendon Beach.

If you have a mother in law that likes swimming, then Smyrna Beach may be the place for you!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
depend what you are looking for.. and opinions vary greatly. It also depends on whether you like unspoilt, or built up with lots of restaurants and bars.. i.e Would you prefer Newquay or Kynance Cove? Do you have children and what ages?

For us, it has always been Casperson just south of Venice as the kids like collecting fossilised sharks teeth in the sand. It has a boardwalk behind it, very nearby and free parking and lots of bird life. Just up the coast is a really nice restaurant, Sharkys on the pier where you can watch fishing that is actually successful.

This year we are trying Delnor Wiggins state park in Naples and also DeSoto, just south of St Petes. Both are again, quiet and unspoilt.

We have also been to Clearwater (too built up and busy) Daytona Beach (same) Cocoa Beach (Dirty) Anna Maria Island (really special and a compromise between unspoilt and built up). All of the above have good sand.

If you are adventurous and like driving, then the very best for us have been Pensacola Beach and Destin Beach, directly in front of Henderson State park.

The Keys beaches that we have been on were not that special (although the keys were).

Without knowing you, I would suggest Holmes Beach on Anna Maria, laid back feel, not too far and amazing sand quality. if you go a little further south, I believe that you can swim with Manatees at Bradendon Beach

We are far and away Kynance but as you say there are almost as many opinions amongst Dibbers as there are beaches.

We haven't actually stayed on the coast for years and our last two "static" stays as opposed to part of a road trip were St Pete and Fort Myers Beach. If you want a break from sand then the Edison/Ford winter estate at Fort Myers (downtown not beach) is a very good half day diversion if you're interested in American industrial history.

Recently we've done a few day trips to AMI but never stayed overnight. Here's Holmes Beach in November.

Mick
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
If you have a mother in law that likes swimming, then Smyrna Beach may be the place for you!
I know why you've posted this as I've studied the statistics that you refer to. Hope you're going to amplify it

I used to get on well with my late MIL

Mick