Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile 1 day trip (2 nights)

We have a 1 day pass for the parks to use.
Tesco points we can use for EuroTunnel
So its just 2 nights in a hotel to pay for.

The question is are we mad going for just 1 day in the parks. We would stay at one of the chesper Disney hotels to take advantage of early morning. It would be around £280 for the stay.

We would go Friday to Sunday. We are about 1.5 hours from Folkestone.

I'm in 2 minds... it would be a Disney fix as its unlikely we will get to Florida this year.
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Can you not go on a weekday? It will be less busy if you’re only going for 1 day.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
We have a 1 day pass for the parks to use.
Tesco points we can use for EuroTunnel
So its just 2 nights in a hotel to pay for.

The question is are we mad going for just 1 day in the parks. We would stay at one of the chesper Disney hotels to take advantage of early morning. It would be around £280 for the stay.

We would go Friday to Sunday. We are about 1.5 hours from Folkestone.

I'm in 2 minds... it would be a Disney fix as its unlikely we will get to Florida this year.
We went out xmas eve, spent Xmas day in Disney and home Boxing Day it was fab! We stayed off site Residhome val d’europe one stop on the train or about 25 min walk wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. Disney was too dear for our dates and we are a family of 5 so really expensive
Have a great time
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Can you not go on a weekday? It will be less busy if you’re only going for 1 day.
Unfortunately not as stuck to school holidays (Feb half term is out). We need to go Mid March to use tickets.
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
We went out xmas eve, spent Xmas day in Disney and home Boxing Day it was fab! We stayed off site Residhome val d’europe one stop on the train or about 25 min walk wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. Disney was too dear for our dates and we are a family of 5 so really expensive
Have a great time
Wow that sounds magical!

Last time we went we stayed at a lovely Airbnb at Val d'europe. It's the perfect location.
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ginners
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm heading out for a 2 night trip next weekend fri-sun. We're staying at the Staycity Marne la Vallee which is a relatively new apartment hotel and only cost us £108 for 3 people, 2 nights, free shuttle to the park etc included. Much cheaper than staying on site if you're only planning on visiting for a day or two
First Villa Trip- Oct 2023

Ginners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s do-able. I’d personally rather go for longer but if I only had the option of doing one Park day I’d still go.

We stayed at Vienna dream castle before our Disney stay as was cheaper and we maximised our tickets. We’d driven and the journey was really straight forward.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

We have just done a two night sat but got there at lunch time on the Monday - took 2 hours to check in at the Cheyenne! Very long queue - had all afternoon and evening in Disneyland - spent early magic hours in Disney Studios - the afternoon in Disneyland til closure - then Disney Village at night. Next day did early Morning in Studios - afternoon in Disneyland and then flew home. Managed all the rides - fireworks twice - and parade. Loved the Cheyenne - 5 mins to the park on the bus - breakfast in the hotel was fab - hot and cold food and ate other meals in the park and Disney Village. We did everything but have been a few times before so know how to get around.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We did a one day trip back in May when we were staying at Villages Nature Paris and had a great time (one day is better than nothing at all in my book!). I would suggest sticking to one park only though as it may be a push to try and fit both in! (We did just Disneyland Parc)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List