Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile First Timer - how long? In January

Hi
Thinking about booking for a few days for Jan 2021 as I need a Disney fix before going back to WDW next autumn. How many nights/days would be good if staying on site and only doing Disney? We are two adults. Any suggestions on hotels that are very close but not crazy expensive?
Would be open to off site if there was a regular shuttle and breakfast involved!
Thanks!
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I personally would say do 4 nights, as that would give you 3 full days to explore and take everything in. 3 nights would also be good, but I wouldn’t do less than that.
It really depends on your budget to which hotel you book. I’ve stayed at most of the partner hotels which all have a free shuttle and usually breakfast and they are pretty decent. Thats the campanile, explorers, dream castle. I’ve also stayed at the ibis Val deurope which is nice and the train station is right outside, takes 5 mins to Disney and is about 2 euros. I tend to stay in the Disney hotels though, Cheyenne is my favourite and it is one of the cheaper ones. I also like Davy Crockett, but you’ll need to drive.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

My brother visited in January, and said that virtually all of the rides were walk-ons (except on the Saturday) so they easily got round all of the rides in a couple of days.

We’ve only stayed on-site, apart from additional first / last night hotels, but I’ve heard good things about many of the off-site hotels.

On-site offers have generally worked out cheaper for four of us because of ticket prices - having four x five day park hopper tickets included during school holidays makes £600 a decent total price for on-site. Obviously, two of you staying for a shorter holiday outside school holidays will probably get a better deal staying off-site.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

If you can go midweek I'd say you'll easily have enough time to see and do everything in a 3n/4d stay but we almost always do 4n/5d as we like to do it in a more leisurely fashion.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sasprilla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Near to the train station but also the shuttle bus, I’ve stayed at IBIS (buffet breakfast is ok, nothing spectacular). Relais - lovely, but pricey if on a short budget. Breakfast was lovely and great swimming pool. We mainly stop at the Adagio. There is a shuttle bus as it’s a good 5/10 min walk to the train station. It’s a bit pricier but as we go with kids it’s great for the pool, it has a small kitchen so we can do our own breakfast, lunch and dinner if needed. It’s close to the Val d’Europe restaurants and a lovely little bakery. The Adagio can be booked through Alexandrine on Airbnb, making it a little cheaper.
sasprilla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We went in Jan 2017 as two adults and did 4 nights which worked well. We were there over a weekend and found Thursday/Friday lovely and quiet but Saturday/Sunday/Monday were much busier.

We stayed onsite at Newport Bay which was lovely (we prefer Sequoia Lodge now we have a little one but as adults only NPB was wonderful!)

I wrote a trip report of our visit which may be of help? My main bit of advice... prepare for how cold it will be!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List