Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Virgin or Tui (Economy)

I know this is likely to have been asked thousands of times, so apologies if so.

With the likelihood of free dining being available on our dates (over Easter) being very low, and some bartering with both Tui and Virgin, we think we are in a position to be booking something up. As you are all very wisened in the means of travel to Orlando, this is where I turn to you for your opinions...

We are looking at Economy with both, flying from Gatwick if it makes any difference. Tui would be the Dreamliner into Sanford I know, but Virgin could be either the 747 or the A350 (depending on retirement dates I guess). It would be nice to try to add a Premium return leg, but thats not a priority.

With the cost near enough the same, who would you fly with between Tui and Virgin, and why?
gbr78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If price is the same then go with Virgin as MCO is 30 miles closer to Disney.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Sanford is a lot quieter than MCO. Dreamliner is a lot nicer than the 747 ( not sure about the a350).
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin. Magical express after long flight rather than drive from Sanford
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

If they book a package with TUI transfers are included
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

TUI Dreamliner, a far better plane than a OAP Jumbo in its last years service with VA (or an untried A350... which I can’t comment on)

If you go with TUI, immigration at Sanford is generally quicker, and if a package your transfer is included (a bit like Magical Express) . It may take about 45 mins longer but in my opinion worth it.

Others may not agree and you will get both opinions on here.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

I would go for whichever suits the rest of the holiday better. So if staying onsite with no car I would go for Virgin and use magical Express and Disney springs check-in. If i'm offsite and got a car I'll take the easier immigration and introduction to american roads at sanford.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
If they book a package with TUI transfers are included
I didn’t know that. Always DIY
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks all. It’s a bit of a mixed bag response, which is kinda what I expected. From reading the above, it kinda links to us being better off with Virgin (staying on site, Disney Express transfers and Disney Springs check in), but I feel a bit pressured by them. We have bartered as I say, and they have come in at a ‘reasonable’ price, but when I asked if we could make an appointment in store at the weekend to book, I was greeted by a ‘prices fluctuate, can’t guarantee the same rate as this, sale ends tomorrow’ type of thing... but they have knocked almost £1500 off their original costing.

Tui, on the other hand, have been much more relaxed and, although slightly discounted, haven’t got anywhere near the levels of Virgin. That said, they’re around £1k cheaper in the first place.

I’ve asked one last bargaining chip of Tui which I hope they will respond to tomorrow (effectively half price Premium upgrade) and will make a choice from there!
gbr78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
I didn’t know that. Always DIY
Yeah,went with a TUI package last year and efficient transfers included
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List