Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gbr78 View Post
Thanks all. It’s a bit of a mixed bag response, which is kinda what I expected. From reading the above, it kinda links to us being better off with Virgin (staying on site, Disney Express transfers and Disney Springs check in), but I feel a bit pressured by them. We have bartered as I say, and they have come in at a ‘reasonable’ price, but when I asked if we could make an appointment in store at the weekend to book, I was greeted by a ‘prices fluctuate, can’t guarantee the same rate as this, sale ends tomorrow’ type of thing... but they have knocked almost £1500 off their original costing.

Tui, on the other hand, have been much more relaxed and, although slightly discounted, haven’t got anywhere near the levels of Virgin. That said, they’re around £1k cheaper in the first place.

I’ve asked one last bargaining chip of Tui which I hope they will respond to tomorrow (effectively half price Premium upgrade) and will make a choice from there!
Dont feel pressured! Wait until at least april/free dining anouncement. VH know no more than what you can find out on here, and have previously let down some who booked early before they knew their allocations. They just want the sale!
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daztomlo
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Virgin

Having flown both and done Sanford and MCO then it would be Virgin every time.
daztomlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Done both, Tui Dreamliner is a much better experience for me. I'm disgusted at VA price increases since the collapse of TC for Manchester departures. I have local airports with Tui, which is better than travelling to Manchester for us in the East Midlands. Love Sanford, far easier than MCO even with an extra half hour drive - still quicker than MCO.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I would fly Virgin because they have a better baggage allowance.
7SeasSailor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have flown both, at the moment think Tui into Sanford flight/plane wise is better but Sanford is a bit further from hotels/villas etc.
There isn't that much to choose though really
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think I would go with Virgin. We booked with them last time we went, and I felt completely at ease with the whole process from flights to hotel to park tickets etc ... xx
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Tui everytime,Sanford smaller and quicker through immigration,out off the Airport jump on the 417 outside Sanford,in Disney within 40 minutes,no getting on trams etc,just off the plane whizz through customs and away.Sanford plane to Disney 90 mins,MCO to Disney anything up to 3 hours,but caught twice before at MCO took over 5 hours.Hope this helps.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List