Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Feb 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Purchase Magic Band in the UK?

Is it possible to purchase Magic Bands in the UK? We are staying off-site in August and would like to buy two Magic Bands before we go, but I've not been able to find somewhere to buy them in the UK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No. I believe you can buy them from eBay though. It’s up to you but I’d be inclined to just wait and get them there.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

I have a MyUs account and have purchased off the US Disney site and got them sent to me that way - we wanted particular ones that we couldn't get though MDE so that was the easiest way to do it. - you can get a free trial still I believe and shipping is a lot less than disney.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

The simple answer is no. Disney don't sell or ship to the UK.

There's workarounds if you use a third party; you can pick them up on Ebay; they're sometimes sold on here.

Personally, I would wait until you get there.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
I have a MyUs account and have purchased off the US Disney site and got them sent to me that way - we wanted particular ones that we couldn't get though MDE so that was the easiest way to do it. - you can get a free trial still I believe and shipping is a lot less than disney.
That’s what I’ve just done for my parents, we have ours from last year but they needed some, and I can’t be bothered with the faffing around when we get there do have ordered them, just waiting on them being delivered.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post

I cannot see any benefit to having them before you go, you can't do anything with them, not even skip the check in queue and go straight to room as offsite. Buy them first thing when you arrive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Attraction tickets currently include free Star Wars magic bands with park tickets atm. Which saves us having to purchase over in Florida.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Attraction tickets currently include free Star Wars magic bands with park tickets atm. Which saves us having to purchase over in Florida.
They still don’t send you the magic band, you have to go to planet Hollywood in Disney springs to collect. So no easier really than buying them when in Orlando.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
They still don’t send you the magic band, you have to go to planet Hollywood in Disney springs to collect. So no easier really than buying them when in Orlando.
Ty. That’s news to me, looks like a diversion to DS then on the way up from Miami.

Edited at 10:35 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
That’s what I’ve just done for my parents, we have ours from last year but they needed some, and I can’t be bothered with the faffing around when we get there do have ordered them, just waiting on them being delivered.
Yep I must admit we are purely getting them because we like the ones on the shop disney site rather than any practical reason but we have found their service really good
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List