Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Epcot ?

I have been to Disney 4 or 5 times over the years. I always thought of Epcot as, by far, the poorest of the parks. Apart from the food and wine festival, everything else seems to be well below the other parks in my view. The 2 top tier rides are probably the worst in the 4 parks and I don't remember any good shows.

I've seen loads of folk saying that it's their favourite park and that they allow 2 days to visit. What is it that I'm missing and what is it that people enjoy so much.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I agree with you. Once you have walked round the lake and had a mooch around each land, sampling food, there isnt much to do imo.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
I agree with you. Once you have walked round the lake and had a mooch around each land, sampling food, there isnt much to do imo.
That's pretty much my take on it, though I enjoy the rides and shows side of parks and Epcot doesn't do it for me in that department. I'm guessing the folk that enjoy Epcot enjoy it for other reasons.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

I first went back in 1988 and at the time it was only MK and Epcot around and as a 5 year old I fell in love with a purple dragon. We then went back 4 more times to Orlando through my childhood and each time, always spent our last day of the holiday there and finished it with the night time show. There was something unique about the park and loved the innoventions area back in the late 90's.

Roll on 20 years and we went back last Feb with my two lads and wife. We spent three afternoons there and our last night.

If you ask my lads what their favourite Disney ride was of the trip they both say Spaceship earth. They loved Test Track and visiting all the different countries. Our last night of the holiday we went to Via Napoli and had the best meal of our holiday and we got to watch Illuminations in its last year and we left the park in tears of joy at the end of a fantastic holiday.

However we have agreed that we will not return to Orlando until 2024 when the park renovation is complete as the thought of being there at the moment would just not feel the same with the construction work everywhere. Also visiting Epcot when Spaceship earth will be closed for approx 2 years in my opinion is pointless.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

We 2A+2C love Epcot we can easily spend 2 days.
The kids love doing the activities like Finding Remy + Kidcots
Kids spend hours doing the hands on stuff like the Advanced Training Lab etc
There are loads of character M+Gs.
Always watch the British Rock band and some of the other shows.
Restaurants are great. Teppan Edo, GG etc
Great rides Soarin', TT and Frozen
Shopping tons of non Disney merch in the different countries.
Great snacks.

2 days are needed to get around it a leisurely pace.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That's the unique thing about theme parks, everyone enjoys them for different reasons. I do enjoy the food and drink side of Epcot too.
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Do you just pop in to each area of world showcase or do you actually do the stuff in them , there's a film in France and China, it's just lovely to go in and watch the entertainment in each country. Then sit with a drink and cake , the Japanese drummers are great and the candy lady although I think she may have gone now.
Each of the pavilions have things to ride and usually stuff to do afterwards such as the space lab in mission space and various stuff in spaceship earth. And turtle talk with crush is brilliant
We've rode segways, made paper and seen new technology in innoventions. I even had my picture sketched by a robot in there years ago,
Epcot is by far my favourite park and we go at least twice per trip

Edited at 07:18 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I suppose we do two day cos we do morning then night. So they aren’t full days.

I like soarin. Plus never been when festival was on and I want foooood!
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
I have been to Disney 4 or 5 times over the years. I always thought of Epcot as, by far, the poorest of the parks. Apart from the food and wine festival, everything else seems to be well below the other parks in my view. The 2 top tier rides are probably the worst in the 4 parks and I don't remember any good shows.

I've seen loads of folk saying that it's their favourite park and that they allow 2 days to visit. What is it that I'm missing and what is it that people enjoy so much.
Rides,shows? I could happily have a fantastic time at WDW and do none.

Flowers, fauna, sun, pool, food, drinks, ambience, watching people rushing about, and shopping is all I need.

One size does not fit all, just enjoy what you like. You have had ample opportunity to know if you like Epcot.

Disney332
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

To add I feel kind of the same about MK.

I don't think I will ever step foot in that carnage of a park again. We will be visiting Disneyland in 2022, so will see how that compares but give me DLP castle park over MK any day of the week.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List