Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

ESTA - checking status - application not found

Sorry for another ESTA query!

I've just went onto the ESTA site via the link on here. When I enter my details to check my current esta it's showing all the details as approved and expiry date October 2020 etc. Same for my brothers.

When searching for my parents it keeps saying no application found. I've tried both options of either the application numer or all passport details. I have printouts of all our current estas and used them all last May, so I have all the correct info to retrieve them.

If the status had changed since our last trip should it show the esta details and say 'not approved' or does it just dissapear from the system?
Thanks for any advice.

Edited at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Are your parents passports still valid?
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Yes thanks, they both expire July 2022.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

When I checked mine (it had expired, whoops) it was like that. My husband had a valid ESTA and the details were there; mine came up as not found.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Its strange I can retrieve 2 and not the other 2. They were all applied for at the same time and all say expiry 28 oct 2020. All passposts are well within expiry also. It was individual applications so no group number.
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If you start a new appn, it should flag up an existing esta at the start of the process, asking if you wish to continue.

Disney332
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I will probably just do them new ones and hope there's no issues. Too close to sort visas etc.

I remember reading on here someone had started a new application and it nulled the current valid one. When she got to the airport there was no esta in place. Even if it says there's an existing ESTA i will go through and complete new ones. Probably the safest option.
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I will probably just do them new ones and hope there's no issues. Too close to sort visas etc.

I remember reading on here someone had started a new application and it nulled the current valid one. When she got to the airport there was no esta in place. Even if it says there's an existing ESTA i will go through and complete new ones. Probably the safest option.
Hi
It only null’s the existing ESTA if you proceed past the warning.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Hi! Just a wee update on the missing estas. I rang the number on the esta website and they confirmed all estas were still valid. I was advised to try searching using a different browser or device.

I searched using different browsers on my laptop and used my mums laptop and still nothing. I then searched on my phone, using the Dibb link again and all estas came up first time.

Hopefully this will help others if the same issue occurs.

Thanks for all your replies yesterday!
Marie