Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymc
Earning My Ears

Don't know how but I did a soft search on the clarity card got refused. I have a really good rating too don't understand it. Is it because 4 kids now strange. Tesco gave me 11k on a card good few years ago.

I see I can get virgins credit card might do that with a post office or
Revolut pre paid card

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Mickeymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymc
Earning My Ears

Anyone heard of Santander Zero Credit Card

Any negatives about it
Mickeymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
juniperbush123
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mickeymc View Post
Anyone heard of Santander Zero Credit Card

Any negatives about it
I’ve used a Santander Zero card for years with no problems. No transaction fees and if you do have to withdraw cash from an ATM it only costs about 5p per day per $100 so if you log in to your online banking / app within a few days and make a payment you will pay virtually no interest! Cash withdrawals on credit cards don’t help your credit score though so don’t overdo it if your credit score is a bit iffy!
juniperbush123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We take very little cash. Probably $300 for a 3.5 week trip but only because we have a credit card each that allows fee free spending. Also have a US bank account so taking out more cash is easy but never been needed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have a Nationwide Credit Card and use a Starling acc for a debit card I take minimal cash $100 or whatever i need for house keeping tips, use my starling card for everything.

I rarely use cash at home either.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I take the maximum amount of cash that’s covered by my travel insurance, and always keep some cash in my purse for small purchases and paying for petrol. I use my Halifax Clarity for all other spending.

I take another credit card as a back-up. I never use my debit card as I don’t want it scammed. If any card is scammed, it’s better if it’s your credit card IMO.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We use our Halifax Clarity cards for everything. Dont really use cash for anything. $100 cash will do us many trips.
We have several other cards just in case.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
infamousmax
Earning My Ears

I usually do cash as it just feels better. Can control my spending way easier which is paramount for me.

But I think this year I might do half and half since I have a good card or even just use the revolt.
infamousmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymc
Earning My Ears

looking into the revolt pre paid card says

"How good is Revolut's exchange rate?
Revolut's exchange rate is the best you can get for the majority of currencies, as it uses interbank rates, which tend to be slightly higher than Mastercard's or Visa's rates.
However, you don't get the interbank rate on Thai baht and Ukrainian hryvnia, or at the weekend.

At weekends (Saturday and Sunday UK time), Revolut charges a markup on its rates. It adds 0.5% for major currencies and 1% for other currencies. For major currencies, you can beat the weekend fee by exchanging your money on a weekday."

Does this mean avoid the weekend fee by topping up or transfering your money on the weekday,

or will i be charged for using the card at the weekends :/ Confused lol
Old 18 Feb 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickeymc View Post
looking into the revolt pre paid card says

"How good is Revolut's exchange rate?
Revolut's exchange rate is the best you can get for the majority of currencies, as it uses interbank rates, which tend to be slightly higher than Mastercard's or Visa's rates.
However, you don't get the interbank rate on Thai baht and Ukrainian hryvnia, or at the weekend.

At weekends (Saturday and Sunday UK time), Revolut charges a markup on its rates. It adds 0.5% for major currencies and 1% for other currencies. For major currencies, you can beat the weekend fee by exchanging your money on a weekday."

Does this mean avoid the weekend fee by topping up or transfering your money on the weekday,

or will i be charged for using the card at the weekends :/ Confused lol
Just get a Halifax Clarity card and avoid all the above nonsense. And the faff or transferring money on and off the card.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List