Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 20, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbish
New Poster (3)

Mobile Virgin reviews

so I've got a quote from virgin which included 'select villa' basically the villa is assigned on arrival. I didn't like the sound of it so checked out reviews and have seen that virgin holidays have terrible reviews on trustpilot and it seems hit or miss on the assigned villas.
I'm not taking chances on a 12.5k holiday. I guess there's a lot of people here with good experiences with virgin but going by the reviews the reps don't seem great and people seem to be running into issues with them getting problems resolved. Tui weren't much better on reviews. I have also got a quote from Baldwin's partnered with kuoni. I had my honeymoon with kuoni and although they were pricey the customer service and overall holiday was exceptional. You don't get the young inexperienced rep feel when you go to see them. Does anyone have experience with kuoni/Baldwin's Disney. Anyone able to put my mind at rest about vh or did they ruin your holiday?
Wubbish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Book your flights and car through a company book a villa off of dibber you will know what you are getting and it will be cheaper.

It beats me with all the resources available online today why people use someone like TUI or virgin holidays unless they have money to burn
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

As Sew109 says don’t waste your time with a package holiday do it all yourself. It’s cheaper and you have more control. Book your flights and car hire separately (you need a hire car if staying in a villa there’s nothing walkable in Orlando) then look at home away or the dibb to pick a villa that way you know what you’re getting.

There’s lots of advice on here to help you along the way.
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked Dibb villa too, and am thrilled with the price and location. Car and flights booked as package with BA so full ATOL protection too.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have suggested, I would book flights separately to accommodation. If you are spending all that money, you want to know what you are getting. If you book a specific villa you can choose one that fits your needs, e.g. location, pool, games room, conservation view etc. There are lots of websites including here on the Dibb where you can hire villas. There is a really useful stickie at the top of the accommodation forum about how to do checks on whether the villa is owned by who they say, if they have outstanding taxes etc.
Good luck in your search!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I used VH and they were fine. I think if you know what you are doing then the staff not knowing isn't a big issue if that makes sense. I think the trouble is when you rely on the holiday company to be more knowledgeable. Sometimes they just aren't and although Virgin should be I found they didn't know much at all. I would use again if I found a bargain but like people have suggested I tend to book things separately as usually its still cheaper.
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We haven’t necessarily had any problems with virgin but the villa we were allocated on arrival was quite far out from Disney which wasn’t ideal, in hindsight we’d have rather found our own and booked everything separately. The dibb villas look lovely and at least you know what you’re getting and not a surprise when you get there!
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We always used to do Virgin AOA villas, they were all decent villas, but they kept getting further away from everything, our last one was in Haines City! 30 minutes from Disney and 40 minutes from Universal.
That's when we decided to book a Dibb villa and get the car/flight seperately.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter and husband have used VH, and have had 2 amazing villas.
My friend has had 1 villa aoa from them, and there was lots of things broken, hanging from the wall etc, got in touch with VH and they moved them that day.

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

First trip was aoa. I think through Virgin. It was a big family trip, inlaws paid for it. The villa was ok except, it was dirty. Sweets under the bed. I mean lots. God knows how cleaner did nt see them! Blood on sheets 🤢and no cot for the baby. Which was fun after travelling with two children on a delayed flight.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List