Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 10, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
McDonalds at Downtown Disney to Be Replaced.

inline image

Pollo Campero, an international Latin chicken quick-service restaurant chain, has partnered with franchisee Levy Campero to deliver a new restaurant concept in Downtown Disney® Marketplace at Walt Disney World® Resort. The restaurant will feature Pollo Campero’s signature Latin chicken, as well as a new restaurant concept featuring fresh, healthy food.

“This is an exciting opportunity for Pollo Campero to introduce its famous chicken, along with our newest fresh restaurant concept of salads and wraps, to visitors from all over the world,” said Adam Cummis, president of Levy Campero. “We are thrilled to collaborate with one of the strongest brands in the world to showcase our Latin delicacies and look forward to a long working relationship.”

Walt Disney World guests will be able to savor combinations of freshly prepared Campero Latin chicken, unique, flavorful side dishes such as yuca fries and sweet plantains, and Latin drinks including horchata and tamarindo. The menu also will include nutritious and delicious meals such as chef-prepared salads, sandwiches and wraps using simple recipes derived from only the freshest ingredients.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD-marketplace_DSC00061 (200 x 150).jpg
Views:	61224
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	20710  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
“We’re pleased to offer this new Latin-style restaurant to our guests at Downtown Disney,” said Keith Bradford, vice president of Downtown Disney. “Its diversity of offerings and well-balanced options are the perfect addition to our current blend of dining experiences.”

“For decades, Walt Disney World has introduced its guests to rich cultural experiences,” said Juan Jose Gutierrez, chief executive officer of Pollo Campero. “We will build on the park’s rich cultural heritage, helping visitors discover the unique tastes and togetherness of family-style Latin dining.”

Pollo Campero’s food is freshly prepared each day. Fried and grilled chicken is marinated, sending the distinctive Campero flavor all the way to the bone. Fried chicken is hand-breaded in seasoned flour and slowly pressure-cooked without trans-fats, resulting in a flavorful and juicy meal. Grilled chicken features the taste of lime and orange juices, red bell peppers, and a special blend of Latin herbs and spices. The new fresh concept menu will feature fresh salads, sandwiches, fruits, and healthy snacks, as well as vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free, low-sodium or organic offerings.

This new family-oriented location at one of America’s beloved destinations – Walt Disney World – exemplifies Pollo Campero’s drive to become one of the top 50 quick-service restaurant brands in the United States. Pollo Campero has spent decades building a brand while retaining the values and service of a family-run business. By combining its efforts with Levy Campero, Pollo Campero has opened new doors including the expansion into Walt Disney World Resort.

McDonalds is to close on April 30th 2010, with Pollo Campero opening in late 2010.

Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
I have to say dh isnt impressed lol but as we only went in once dont think I will miss it so much...I wonder why the change though?

xx
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cerigirl
VIP Dibber

cerigirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think it is a shame, personally. I am not a huge fan of McDonalds, but it fits the bill sometimes whilst at DTD. We had our Christmas Day breakfast there last year, sitting eating Egg McMuffins, steaming coffee and Pancakes, eagerly awaiting the day...

I guess times move on... hope the new resturant still offers DVC discount...

1988 - November - Stouffer Resort
1989 - February - Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - September - Port Orleans Riverside
2008 - November - Villa Sorrento/Boardwalk Villas
2009 - December - AKV/OKW/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach!

2013 - December - Glenbrook/Vero Beach/AKV Kidani Village
2016 - Polynesian/Port Orleans Riverside/Saratoga Springs
2018 - December - Bahama Bay
2020 - December - Bahama Bay/Vero Beach
2021 - September - Copper Creek/Polynesian
cerigirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

There's a thread already running about this...http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=379175
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post

What a starnge thing to do, everytime i have been to that McDonalds i have queued for 20mins to get served so the place is obviously popular, why not just change Planet Hollywood to instead as that place is vile erghhhh
Old 4 Feb 10, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds yummy to me
Old 5 Feb 10, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gary
Apprentice Imagineer

Gary's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Seems strange to me, we all like McDonalds. It's the place we all know, it's also very cheap and a place where a lot of kids like to go.

The new place sounds interesting as well, but can't Disney find somewhere else to site it?
2016 - 12 night Copenhagen to Dover - DCL
2017 - 14 night Southampton to Barcelona - RCI
Gary is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 10, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
it could have something to do with the fact that McDonalds dont sponsor Disney anymore - hence the changes in Animal Kingdom... still; seems a bit silly to get rid of somewhere so popular though...

Old 5 Feb 10, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I think it is a brilliant development. I never felt that McDonalds was worth a visit anywhere in the US, we have them here, surely the point of travel is to try something different (and yes I do have children and no we never visit McD's in the US or the UK for that matter).
Love the sound of some of the dishes.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List