Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Dec 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
staffiedog
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Could you drop me a quick email and I'll take a look and have a word with my supplier to see if I can do anything with the Alamo price.

USRentaCar charge £50 cancellation fee according to the terms on their site.
I will email you thanks , i would rather use you as you've been so helpful and always replied to any question . Im actually happy with the price from DFCH as i know i can change my booking if it drops without charge but i know other people much prefare alamo to all the other companies so would go with them if they didn't want mega money
staffiedog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

yes anyone can use them

used them in 2016 and had great service
the only fly in the ointment was ME
asked for an upgrade from standard the GT500 mustang and had to wait for 10 mins for it to arrive

booked with them again for the 2018 trip and a mustang again
i will be looking for an upgrade again to a hard top GT500,charger or bumble bee so there may be a wait again

had booked with budget but there some horror stories online about poor service and hidden extras plus the added fees too :angry:
but on here some people says they have got better
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
It is weird isn't it.

Now Virgin always advertised free cancellation. It still is but you have to hunt to find that under the FAQ's. Also they say it's £30 to cancel and over £100! But buried in there is also free cancellation so I would screen shot that and keep it if required.

Try Netflights for an Alamo car as well, some keen prices. Only 1 driver though whereas Brits and Virgin have 2.
Here it is

toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
staffiedog
Gone all Goofy

Virgin do seem to be very competitive for car hire however Andy from DFCH has helped me out and ive no need to change over to virgin now , i cant recommend him enough as he works hard to get you the best deals that suit your needs . I dont mind using Budget to be honest , just dont be a pushover same as anyone trying to sell you something
staffiedog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by staffiedog View Post
Virgin do seem to be very competitive for car hire however Andy from DFCH has helped me out and ive no need to change over to virgin now , i cant recommend him enough as he works hard to get you the best deals that suit your needs . I dont mind using Budget to be honest , just dont be a pushover same as anyone trying to sell you something
Andy's a top bloke and I would highly recommend his services, just sadly the Alamo prices are ~£400-500 more than what Virgin are quoting at the moment for next summer and I don't want to use another hire company.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is little doubt Virgin have the arm on Alamo very much the same as they had years ago with Dollar.
They must put thousands of renters a year towards Alamo as for a fly drive or holiday with them that company is the only option.
Shows in their lower prices this summer which haven't been raised the same as other third party suppliers.
Get outside of the peak times though and Andy or Brits etc comes out cheaper.

I still keep saying though get in early. Brits has kicked Virgin into touch for my 4 rentals in 2018 and one of those trips is in the peak Summer period. I did book a year in advance for all of them though.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List