Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Mar 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Serene Tiger View Post
Can I just check are intermediate & standard interchangeable terms or different categories?
Different categories. standard larger.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
We picked up a Hyundai Santa Fe last year although it was in the standard saloon car row.

This year we've booked a midsize SUV and I'm wondering if there's much of a difference between midsize and standard?

Midsize according to Expedia shows a Toyota RAV and standard shows the Hyundai Santa Fe.
I wouldn't have thought there is much difference between them?
Thing to consider is was it a Santa Fe Sport you had? That’s a smaller car as a Santa Fe is a 7 seater, Sport is a smaller 5 seater that is an Intermediate. Same as Nissan Rogue and Nissan Rogue Sport. Rogue is same as X-Trail (Standard), and Sport is same as Qashqai (Int.)

In terms of size of car - the Standard SUV is going to be a fair bit bigger than an Intermediate on average. Ford Edge is a Standard and not one of the biggest in that category but is much bigger than the Ford Escape (Kuga) which is a decent size for an Intermediate.

Dave
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
If it was Ford and a Standard SUV the upgrade one will have likely been a Ford Edge or even a Ford Explorer (bigger than the Edge - 7 seats).

We had a Ford Edge last trip and absolutely loved it. Was fantastic to drive, had plenty of poke despite being economical too and had loads of options on it (remote start, power lift gate, leather etc.). We have a Standard SUV booked this trip again but with Alamo this time (was Budget last trip) so hoping I can go a bit bigger and get an Explorer this time. If I ended up with an Edge again I don't think I would be that disappointed.

Kuga (or Escape there) is a nice Car but I certainly would pick the Edge over it having driven both. Just shows you though - it's down to personal preference and how it drives for you, one car might be ideal to one person and the next might hate it for some reason.

Dave
Yes your spot on it was an Edge, it certainly had all the bells and whistles...but I found it very spongy from a handling point of view..it certainly had plenty poke, I just enjoyed the Kuga (Escape) more to drive

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, it’s definitely the smaller sized intermediate I have booked so will be very happy with a Kia Sportage or a Nissan Sport x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I have booked a similar car too - it is via Alamo. And while I will have a back up of Google offline maps - can anyone confirm if these types of car come with SatNav. I would have thought its a pretty standard by now. I booked a hatchback here in the UK in December and it had sat nav.
Old 2 Apr 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by nirajn123 View Post
I have booked a similar car too - it is via Alamo. And while I will have a back up of Google offline maps - can anyone confirm if these types of car come with SatNav. I would have thought its a pretty standard by now. I booked a hatchback here in the UK in December and it had sat nav.
I don’t think so as we’ve paid extra for Sat Nav & have read on hear that you need to pick it up from the kiosk in the car park