Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Apr 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We weren't fans to be honest. Visited last August. Didn't get to try that many of the big slides. Had return times on the Tapu Tapu but the queues are still quite long even after you've tapped in (bit like FP in that respect). Our daughter's ring became separated from ours in the fast flowing river but no attendant tried to help. I was physically thrown out of my ring by one of the gushes of water and really struggled to get my footing. The river was full of empty rings so the staff couldn't see me flailing around. At Disney, they scoop out the empties so there is a clearer path/view.
The wave pool is a joke. So small in comparison to TL.
We have unanimously agreed to save the extra and ditch VB next time. Obviously, a couple of unpleasant experiences have coloured my opinion but overall not as wowed as I expected to be.

We love Universal, but VB isn't for us.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My kids were disappointed because we could hardly get on anything. We rode about 3-4 rides in a whole day. Other rides were even down or hours of wait.
It was last July so it might have calmed down now.
Definitely calmed down, we went 2 weeks ago just after Easter, longest wait I saw was 80 minutes for the coaster, most were 20 minutes and couple of the raft rides and tube slides were ride now.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
Definitely calmed down, we went 2 weeks ago just after Easter, longest wait I saw was 80 minutes for the coaster, most were 20 minutes and couple of the raft rides and tube slides were ride now.
I guess it depends when you go. We were there last weekend and it was fine for the first couple of hours but after that Krakatau and Honu ika Moana had waits of up to 170 and 140 mins respectively. We got those out of the way early, so didn't have a problem. Other rides weren't too long or were ride now, but a few did go out of service for periods during the day.

Had heard horror stories about crowds, and although at some point during our visit they stopped letting people in unless others left, it was busy but never felt horribly crowded, and there seemed to be enough seating for those who wanted it.

Overall, apart from the wave pool, the family thought VB is better than TL (we haven't been to BB), but would we pay extra for it if we already had included entry to BB/TL? Probably not.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Pretty bad tbh. The staff were borderline rude several times.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Overall, apart from the wave pool, the family thought VB is better than TL (we haven't been to BB), but would we pay extra for it if we already had included entry to BB/TL? Probably not.
Ah...this! This is partly why we're debating it tbh...we do like the waterparks but they're not our favourite thing to do and we obviously have TL/BB included with our Disney tickets. Plus, we defo want to use the hotel pool etc more this trip and are also aware of not over spending on tickets (again ) especially as we have the cruise etc booked...however, we don't want to regret skipping it...more food for thought ...it's hugely helpful reading everyones experiences!
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,

Edited at 06:13 PM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List