Old 2 Jul 21, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by MamatoFelix View Post
Just realised I hadn’t commented yet. Really enjoying following your planning process 😊
Thanks for reading. The continued changing planning process
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s been great reading one of these again - always love your reports! Looking forward to the next change, sorry, update ☺️
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
It’s been great reading one of these again - always love your reports! Looking forward to the next change, sorry, update ☺️
Thanks for reading. More updates/changes to come
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So guess what? I've had another change! Please bare with me on this one as all I've done is switch resorts from All Star Movies to All Star Music after bookings opened up yesterday. We still have the two rooms but this has saved me a whopping £700! Only difference is we are not in preferred rooms but we still have the two gift cards and all the dining credits. Too good to turn down!

Bookings for Port Orleans French Quarter opened as well and I was desperately hoping that Kelly would say yes to all of us in one room there but she was having none of it. I am a little gutted as I was really hoping to stay there but we will still have an amazing time at All-Star Music

Edited at 05:40 PM.
Old 9 Jul 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
So guess what? I've had another change! Please bare with me on this one as all I've done is switch resorts from All Star Movies to All Star Music after bookings opened up yesterday. We still have the two rooms but this has saved me a whopping £700! Only difference is we are not in preferred rooms but we still have the two gift cards and all the dining credits. Too good to turn down!

Bookings for Port Orleans French Quarter opened as well and I was desperately hoping that Kelly would say yes to all of us in one room there but she was having none of it. I am a little gutted as I was really hoping to stay there but we will still have an amazing time at All-Star Music
That’s a nice saving
We’re booked for CSR and I did think about swapping to POR but decided to stay with CSR
Old 9 Jul 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post

Wow! That’s a crazy saving - just think of how many dole whips that will buy I stayed at All Star Music many years ago and had a great holiday, I don’t think losing preferred is a big deal at all.
Old 10 Jul 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
That’s a nice saving
We’re booked for CSR and I did think about swapping to POR but decided to stay with CSR
The pool always look great at CSR

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Wow! That’s a crazy saving - just think of how many dole whips that will buy I stayed at All Star Music many years ago and had a great holiday, I don’t think losing preferred is a big deal at all.

Too much to not to swap. We actually had a look around All Star Music and got a room tour a few years ago and I really liked it. I think preferred rooms somewhere like Caribbean Beach Resort make sense but at All Star Stars no difference at all.
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Feeling really disheartened this week. I’m sure everything will be fine by august next year but even though I have stopped myself getting access to the current issues forum I still occasionally see the negative comments creeping through to the Florida trip planning section. Lots of comments suggesting next year won’t happen either. I’m sure it will but hard not to doubt sometimes. DW is already saying she doesn’t think we will be allowed to go and to stop talking about it in case it doesn’t happen. That’s annoying. If I’m being really honest my biggest worry is Virgin going bust. I have the flydrive booked with them but I think I will look at BA prices when my dates are released early September. Not something I want to do as I’ve paid a deposit but I’m so desperate for us to go. Feeling quite negative at the moment. I usually am busy planning everything way too much but not really looking at anything at the moment.

One plus I’ve had my second jab now and meeting up with a friend next Saturday night. Not been out in so long!
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know what you mean. I’ve just started to doubt our September holiday (4th attempt) so, in the spirit of ‘never ever give up’ I’ve just booked May 22 flights with Aer Lingus. I really, really wanted to book Virgin as it’s easier travel for us (< 30mins from MAN airport + Disney Springs check in) but the prices are ridiculous. Nearly 3 times this year’s price! I’ve treated us to Business class as it’s cheaper than Virgin premium!
I try to stay away from the negative posts but it is getting harder. Even the ‘positive’ threads are full of them now. Why is it some people just can’t stop themselves from spreading their misery?
So - on a positive note - I don’t believe Virgin will ever go bankrupt. The brand is too valuable. There will always be investors willing to bankroll it.
& your next year’s holiday (& mine) is going to be wonderful, as we’re all going to appreciate being there a lot more. 😍
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm sorry you're feeling down your trip is still over a year away and I'm positive there will be movement by then between the UK and the USA!

It's gonna happen you'll have an amazing trip, all the worry will be worth it

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List