Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Fingers crossed then Chris, I’ve had over 4K back from Barclays and my daughter had 2k... neither of us were aware we’d had any ppi...
Hiya Di recently read on MSE that Bob and Jane from Swindon had been repaid c£175,000 for PPI on various loans and cc's, and, initially they weren't going to apply! What a flippin' result
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Wow! Just took me one & half hours to go completely through these posts! Just brilliant! I really dint think I have any PPI & the thought of writing out complicated forms I dont even understand really puts me off! But im going to give it a try, also my mother who is 72 got the forms from GB & got very confused has she didnt know much info so left it, this was over a year ago, she banks with barclays has had two mortgages, has had a car loan for me & two loans from dfs for leather furniture on my behalf when my credit rating was bad, so just maybe there might be some poi there for her too! Maybe I should ask her for her details & try filling the barclay online form out too for her, ill give it a try, well done to all of you that have gained a little extra cash x

Edited at 01:45 AM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Is it the ‘barclays PPI complaints submission form’ I should be filling in? See I hate these forms & havent even started 😏
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

The form is on the Barclays website. Just fill in as much information as you can. Good luck.
Old 7 Jun 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We successfully claimed PPI on hubby's Barlcays stuff (loans, credit cards etc) years ago. The cheeky sods had applied PPI onto his overdraft (that he never used) in 1991 when he wasn't even 18 yet! He had a few loans before he met me and Barclays paid out on all of them.

I didn't think he had any more PPI - not from the paperwork we had. (I have paperwork and bank statements of his going back 20 years).

Decided to try these guys, as paying them 12% and getting something is better than 88% of nothing!

Turns out Tesco have confirmed to them that a loan he took out in 2003/2004 (when we were together!) actually had PPI. I'm shocked because I was adamant there would be no PPI on that as I have always absolutely refused it.

We actually refinanced that loan about 18 months later, into another Tesco loan.

The forms have gone in the post today, so no idea how much will be owing. It was front loaded PPI and refinanced but I have no way of knowing if they gave a rebate. Time will tell, I guess!

So, thanks to this thread - I'm guessing we will get something back, but no idea how much yet. I'll let you all know when we hear
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Thanks for the post OP. I've just submitted my claim now as, like you, I'm certain I've never had it as I remember asking, even when younger and much more naive, whether I had to take out the PPI and being told no so refusing it. But... your post has convinced me it won't hurt to check.

DH did his a few years back personally as he knew he'd taken it out but when he contacted the bank, they told him first time round he wasn't entitled to a refund, I can't remember why. He tried again last year and got around £700 refunded. Fingers crossed for me.
Thank you thank you thank you OP. After my above post in March, I did submit a claim with the company you used - which turned out to be the same company DH had used for his PPI claim a couple of years earlier. Anyway, so far all my accounts are showing no PPI as expected but I'd put DH's details on the claim too, just in case anything had been missed by them first time around and I'm so glad I did as DH has just called me to say he's had a letter from Halifax saying he's getting a £3,144 PPI refund on a loan with them, this is gross of the fees we'll owe the PPI claim company.

Interestingly, Halifax are the same company that told DH years ago he wasn't entitled to a refund but then, when the PPI claim company submitted a claim, confirmed he was entitled to a £700 refund. Now it's Halifax again saying he's entitled to a further £3,100. This is on a loan for which we couldn't remember any details of - not the amount, why it was taken out, how he took it out, what he was told. We told the claims company we couldn't remember anything about it yet they've still managed to successfully claim a refund. Soooo pleased about this. It's well worth submitting your claim - it's so easy to do, you get the occasional email updating you and then hopefully a nice letter in the post telling you how much you are richer by!

Thanks again OP for your post that kickstarted this off for so many of us.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

PPI is a funny thing, I have spoken over the phone and written to our old mortgage company and they said we never took it. My husband has done reclaim PPI and they said he had and he had to fill in the extra forms.

Also I have been doing PPIReclaim for my mum and a bank came back that she had a mortgage with them yet she has never had a mortgage with them. Will be interesting to see how those two pan out.
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Get a move on. There isn't long left to complain, so if you are unsure, please do it now!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DH got a letter from Black Horse yesterday saying that they had made a mistake and he did have loans which might have PPI on them. it said that they had contacted the CMC we had used to locate any PPI as well as us, but we could claim independently from them if we wanted. I filled out the forms online and submitted them. we did not use the CMC at all because they did not find these loans on their searches, and these were the ones we specifically needed them to find. We never sent any paperwork/contract back to the CMC at all, would we still be liable to pay Them commission?
Old 28 Jun 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

No, don’t pay them anything...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List