Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Reclaimppi have been very efficient, on 22 Nov they sent an email re possible PPI with Barclays, who wanted more info (not that they got it as hubs remembers nowt)! We were in Fl so Reclaimppi said they'd mail the paperwork for completion upon his return. Completed/mailed paperwork/letter of authority last Thurs, received email today advising the paperwork had been submitted. Fingers crossed hubs may be on for an average payment:

The average value for successful Barclays PLC claims using our service is £2,446.83 and the largest amount we've recovered for a single claim is £52,415.39. Since 2017 we've won 8,835 cases against Barclays PLC.

If Barclays settle with hubs then Reclaimppi will be worth every penny of their 10% commission. I noted in the covering letter that they've, currently, reclaimed £254m (website hasn't been updated, that still states £204m).
Old 21 May 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed then Chris, I’ve had over 4K back from Barclays and my daughter had 2k... neither of us were aware we’d had any ppi...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Progress with PPI got a better from Halifax offering £954.00 over the moon! After we pay reclaimppi there will still be enough to upgrade our next year trip to DDP. Still waiting to hear from Santander regarding my store card but not holding my breath as even if approved it won’t be over £50.00 as I never had much on it and always paid quite quickly. Thank you OP again for posting
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I have done mine, you just fill the form in online. It comes under the savings interest tab which when you click yes it says PPI on next page. It took less than 2 weeks from filling in the form to getting the cheque. You need to do an individual one for each payment.
I have been backwards and forwards trying to fill this form in, I'm completely lost when I get to the ppi bit, so any help will be much appreciated.
Old 28 May 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by burkie View Post
I have been backwards and forwards trying to fill this form in, I'm completely lost when I get to the ppi bit, so any help will be much appreciated.
Just tick all banks etc on the online form and request that all is sent for you so you can sign over letter of authority to reclaim once signed and posted they will investigate and let you know by email usually did you have any PPI. All correspondence is free post and they don’t charge in advance. Well worth it in my opinion. In the PPI bit just put your circumstances and why do you think you are miss sold the policy it was just a drop down box for me. I wrote for most of the things that I can’t remember dates accounts etc they’ll let you know if any info is missing.
Hope this is of my help
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you Google 'money saving expert ppi tax reclaim' and go to the post named 'Martin Lewis: Had a PPI payout? If so, you can reclaim the tax on it' then it walks you through it towards the bottom of the page.

It is boxes 3 and 3.1 that you have to fill in with the details of interest earned and tax taken off. I had to go back as I missed the correct boxes the first time. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Devojcica25 View Post
Just tick all banks etc on the online form and request that all is sent for you so you can sign over letter of authority to reclaim once signed and posted they will investigate and let you know by email usually did you have any PPI. All correspondence is free post and they don’t charge in advance. Well worth it in my opinion. In the PPI bit just put your circumstances and why do you think you are miss sold the policy it was just a drop down box for me. I wrote for most of the things that I can’t remember dates accounts etc they’ll let you know if any info is missing.
Hope this is of my help
Sorry, I didn't make my post very clear, I'm trying to fill the R40 in to claim the tax back that I paid on my ppi payout, thank you anyway.
Old 28 May 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
If you Google 'money saving expert ppi tax reclaim' and go to the post named 'Martin Lewis: Had a PPI payout? If so, you can reclaim the tax on it' then it walks you through it towards the bottom of the page.

It is boxes 3 and 3.1 that you have to fill in with the details of interest earned and tax taken off. I had to go back as I missed the correct boxes the first time. X
Took me a while to get there, but hopefully I've done it right. I'll soon find out when they reply
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Well I must have done it right, I've been informed that I am due just over £1000 tax back

Edited at 01:38 PM.
burkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Well I must have done it right, I've been informed that I am due just over £1000 back
Nice one burkie... we're waiting to hear from Barclays re hubs possible PPI, posted docs to reclaimapi the day after we got back (15th May), be interesting to see what gives.