Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

The Grand Tour...Day 22 Boston

We all slept like babies…actually that’s probably not the best saying if my babies were anything to go by! Basically we all slept very well and woke up feeling very refreshed!

Breakfast wasn’t supplied here which was incredibly frustrating considering the price we paid but hey ho! We googled a breakfast place around the corner called My Cousins Place so headed there, it was a little random and we weren’t made to feel very welcome so we literally grabbed a coffee and pastry, that seems to be a bit of a theme in Boston so far

From here we walked up to Long Wharf as we had a Segway tour booked, and guess what…Yep that’s it, we were the only ones booked in so we received yet another private tour. Our tour guide was called Captain Bob and he was fantastic! His knowledge was second to none and he answered all our questions.

We covered much of the Freedom Trail which was amazing and so interesting. I honestly felt that if we had only done this tour during our stay it would have been enough to introduce us to Boston! This was one of the best things we had done so far and we all would highly recommend it.

We headed back to the hotel and checked out, leaving our bags with concierge. We then walked up to Quincy Market and did a bit of shopping, think kids bought sports stuff and I grabbed my friend a baseball top which she had requested if we spotted it. We actually ended up grabbing a late lunch at Wagamamas of all places, our server had just returned from working in London so we all had a nice chat.

Once we had finished mooching around we went back to the hotel where we collected bags and requested an Uber to drop us off to Hertz to collect a car for the last leg of our trip…

Hertz were fab and DH was incredibly happy with the car we received, an Infiniti QX60?

It was very nice to look at and he loved driving it. On our way out of the city we stopped by Boston Public Garden as I wanted to see ‘Make way for the Ducklings’ which is a bronze statue dedicated to the children's picture book written and illustrated by Robert McCloskey.

Then of course we had to drive past the Cheers pub!

The weather had begun to turn a bit and started to rain, a bit disappointing but what can you do?!

We left around 3.30/4pm to start our journey to Cape Cod, I researched this loads as one of my bugbears is sitting in traffic! Most people advised to leave mid-afternoon so we did… Traffic was horrendous! Most frustrating! As soon as we turned off for Cape Cod we had a good run but it took us nearly two hours to get to that point!

I did have this to keep me going as we had popped back to Mikes this morning for 'snacks'...

We soon arrived at our destination, West Yarmouth and checked in to the Bayside Resort. Our room was lovely and we had a good view of the Lewis Salt Marsh.

We unpacked, had a nose around and then jumped in the car and headed back to a mall that the kids had spotted. We had Chipotle for dinner before shopping, DD got some nice vans for $30 and DH bought some stuff in Hollister. Once everyone had finished we headed back to get some shut eye, another early morning for us as we were Island hoping tomorrow!

Steps today; 15,020

Floors climbed; 11

*Tip of the day *Have the right amount of phone/tablet chargers in the car especially if you have teenagers!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

The Segway tour looks like a lot of fun!

The cake looks delicious!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Segway tours are a fab way of seeing stuff, we've done a couple and loved them.
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Segway tour sounds great
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List