Old 19 Feb 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 15 - Perkins, AK & Boardwalk

Today was our last full day We had another breakfast at Perkins as we knew today was our last chance to have breakfast out. It was delicious as usual.
Animal Kingdom was our park of choice today, it was Veterans Day and oh my goodness it was absolutely packed when we got there. We had fastpasses for Its Tough to be a Bug (first time for us) Primevil Whirl and of course, Expedition Everest.
ITTBAB was up first. We thought it was good but I think we expected more so we're a bit meh about it really! Lovely seeing the tree of life up close in the queue though, amazing how many animals are in it when you really look closely.

Bug eyes

After this we did PW and then went to the Boneyard for a while to wait for our EE fastpass. It was too busy to walk around so we just stayed there for a while. EE was fantastic as usual. I was so sad getting off it knowing it was our last ride of the holiday

I took this picture on the tram leaving AK... I was battling tears leaving the park

We went back to the villa for some pool time and stopped in Dunkin Donuts on the way for a few treats. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the villa we stay in is so close to a DD

We had some lunch and did a bit of packing while the kids played in the pool. Our room had sliding doors onto the pool deck so great to be able to get a few things done while the boys enjoyed the pool

We were going to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner so left about 6. It was lovely as usual. Went straight to the Boardwalk afterwards. We stayed a few nights at the Beach Club last year so had spent more time in this area and had meant to return more this year but just never got a chance. I love it around here, it's so beautiful

We watched a clown doing a few tricks and then walked up towards the shop for a browse. There was a magacian there that the kids wanted to watch and of course when he looked for a volunteer Fionn's hand was straight up. He got picked and was soooo delighted with himself

We were here for about 20 mins. The show was really good and Fionn really enjoyed himself

We went into the shop after. I bought a spatula and Robbie bought a tie, see the hidden Mickeys through it, it's really subtle when you don't know they are there! He chooses this one most days that he needs to wear a tie now

The boys got some cotton candy after the shop, I had planned to get something here but was too full to eat anymore (a very rare occurrence for me!)

We stopped off in the Boardwalk hotel restrooms... they are so nice, I really like this hotel and would think about staying here at some stage. Great location and the hotel is beautiful

We returned home to the villa for the last time, tomorrow was going home day

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 19 Feb 17 7:32 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good last full day, I feel your sadness though!
Old 27 Feb 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Wonderful last full day, loving that tie!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great last day

Joan
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A good last full day, I feel your sadness though!
It's horrible knowing your leaving the next day

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Wonderful last full day, loving that tie!
Isn't it fab

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great last day

Joan
Thanks x
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

The last full day is always the saddest day
lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Aww the last full day is so sad, such a sinking feeling
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

That's a shame it was so busy.
Being close to Dunkin Donuts is surely a great thing !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List