Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linder View Post
Does anyone use one of these before holidays and if so which ones do you use
How do they work, are these the products that gradually make you look brown as it's a moisturiser type of thing?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
How do they work, are these the products that gradually make you look brown as it's a moisturiser type of thing?
I don't know the exact science but they are not tinted or fake tan as such they are products that prepare your skin for the sun. Something to do with pigments etc. You still wear your usual sunscreen as they don't offer protection- they just make you tan quicker and deeper
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't they work better when the skin is exposed to the sun?
My problem is I'm still in Jeans and tops until any holiday when the shorts come out. So my legs still look very pale even after applying the accelerator for a few weeks.
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

You're meant to apply most under spf whilst away (all the ones I've came across anyway)
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
1973jk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Would it make any difference using the elemis tan accelerator and a tan intensifying sun cream? Or does the Elemis do a good job on its own ( obviously still with a decent factor on top) ? I need all the help I can get when it comes to getting a bit of a tan!
1973jk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 1973jk View Post
Would it make any difference using the elemis tan accelerator and a tan intensifying sun cream? Or does the Elemis do a good job on its own ( obviously still with a decent factor on top) ? I need all the help I can get when it comes to getting a bit of a tan!
The elemis one is good but I found zhush better. However, elemis do an aftersun facial balm in a little pot that is brilliant. Apply it each night and your face with get a lovely even tan
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm trying the Elemis tan accelerator for the first time after seeing it on QVC as I'm fair skinned & going away in a couple of weeks. So will see what happens ! I usually use St Tropez gradual before I go abroad but thought would try the enhancer , it came with the Elemis total glow bronzing facial moisturiser which does have a gradual tan & gives a nice healthy glow.
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
The elemis one is good but I found zhush better. However, elemis do an aftersun facial balm in a little pot that is brilliant. Apply it each night and your face with get a lovely even tan
Hi what is the Elemis balm called ? I have read about it somewhere else too but can't find it on their website ... Thanks
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I use Elemis tan accelerator 2 weeks before hols. It's fab
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
balel
Excited about Disney

Carrot sun is absolutely brilliant. I use it when out and about at home, or on a sun bed just before we go away. Then use it on top of my sun protection on holiday (or use their new spf15 one). I have very fair skin and had never really tanned before but have used this for a few years now and always get a lovely colour, it's not a fake tan but does contain henna, this is what they say on their website...
These creams do have a type of bronzer called Henna, but it's not at all a fake tan/self-tanner and will not get you streaky and won't tan you without the sun or a sunbed. Basically, the henna will enhance your tan and make it last longer, but it doesn't work unless you go in the sun or on a sunbed. No matter how you apply it, you get an even tan.
balel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List