Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Also - quick note for reference. Not all the gates on the terrace at Millers are gates. Some are fire exits. I found this out the hard way after confidently striding through one and setting the alarm off, much to my friends' amusement and the people sat around me's horror.

I wasn't allowed to forget that all week.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the lovely comments so far, hope you enjoy
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Millers looks great, you did well to keep going on travel day
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Following along - love Millers

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Love a Zinger Mountain Melt!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Also - quick note for reference. Not all the gates on the terrace at Millers are gates. Some are fire exits. I found this out the hard way after confidently striding through one and setting the alarm off, much to my friends' amusement and the people sat around me's horror.

I wasn't allowed to forget that all week.
Something I'd definitely do. bless you.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start, looking forward to more...
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great foodie trip so far! Can't wait to follow along... x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay! A Jericho quote as a title! I'm going to start my good report in the next few days.
Glad you had a great time and I imagine a few of our meals may be very similar!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Day 1

Our first full day Chris wandered down to the shop in the hotel lobby while I got ready and grabbed a coffee (Starbucks!) and a fresh orange for me.

The hotel had really good facilities and I have to admit to being quite impressed with the place. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool onsiter and didn't think I'd survive being on I-Drive but it was absolutely fine as a base, a place just to rest your head and have a wash. The room was clean and quiet, although the shower and towels were rubbish. It was however an absolute bargain compared to staying onsite so I would definitely recommend the Rosen @ Pointe if you're staying on a budget.

Anyway, our breakfast stop of choice this morning was IHOP. We visited the one on IDrive about five minutes drive from our hotel.

I was pleased to see they still did the Splashberry drink so I had one of those, its orange juice, strawberry compote (think the stuff in a Muller corner) and Sprite. Probably my weekly allowance of sugar in one drink but in fairness I don't have much sugar at home.

Laura and Chris both went for normal coffees and Rob picked a very flamboyant speciality coffee called a Swiss Mocha. The waitress thanked him for letting her have some fun with the whipped cream.

Me, Laura and Chris went for pancake combos, each with different options. You get to choose how you want your eggs, what kind of pancakes you want and then either bacon or sausage. You then also get hash browns (nom).

Me - scrambled egg whites, sausage (I swapped with Chris so we could have one of each), peach-topped pancakes

I love that I can ask for just egg white without being looked at like I'm mental.

Chris - eggs sunny side up, bacon, banana and Nutella crepes:

I always have food envy over those crepes, they're delicious.

Laura - eggs over easy, bacon, red velvet pancakes:

Rob had an omelette, I can't remember which one specifically (I really should have made notes) however he mentioned there was a huge amount of cheese in it and he only managed half the plate.

We spent the morning at 'Wrestlecon', no food was purchased.

In the afternoon we headed to Disney Springs for a wander round, I wanted to spend my birthday money from my mother-in-law on another sketch from Art of Disney to go with my Jack Skellington. Here she is...lovely Sally:

As any Nightmare Before Christmas fan will know, you really can't have one without the other, they're simply meant to be

Our first stop though was the fantastic Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar, Laura and I had an 'Anything Goes' - "Byejoe dragon fire spirit, fresh Lime Juice, Passion Fruit, and Pineapple Juice"

Delicious! Rob had a Wrong Island "Siesta Key Silver Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Tamiami Gin, Tippler's Orange Liqueur, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola"

Chris just had a couple of beers. That was one expensive round, quite a shock after Millers the night before!

After ordering my sketch we sat on the terrace at Dockside Margaritas, I had a frozen strawberry margarita ("Herradura Reposado Tequila and fresh Lime Juice blended with Strawberry Purée") and Chris and Rob both had the Orange Grove Rum Runner ("Siesta Key Spiced Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Crème de Banana and Florida Citrus Juices with a float of Gosling's 151 Rum")

Laura had the frozen lime margarita "Patrón Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh Lime Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour."

We sat out with our drinks and looked out over the lake, the weather was beautiful and I had a real 'pinch me, I'm so happy' moments!

I was starving by this point, so before wandering through the shops we nipped to Daily Poutine for two portions of the classic - "French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Cheese Curds"

Worth the wait, absolutely delicious. Those cheese curds... drool.

We also grabbed some egg rolls from the Morimoto Street Food window next to the main restaurant. These were filled with pork, cabbage and other veggies.

I wasn't overly impressed with these to be honest, they were pretty dry. The service was also very slow, Laura remarked they hadn't quite captured the spirit of 'street food'

Before we left I wanted to use the cupcake vending machine at Sprinkles bakery, this was so much fun! I went for a chocolate marshmallow, me and Chris shared and it was delicious, you did have to pay a premium for the novelty of using the vending machine though...! I think it was just over 5 dollars including tax.

Before we ordered an Uber home we sat outside Splitsville for some frozen cocktails, although I was pretty much falling asleep in mine. We'd had a really busy day!

Mine was a 'Swampwater' - 151 Rum, Grain, Blue Raspberry, Lemonade

Rob had a 'Miami Vice' which was a mix between Pina Colada and Rumrunner:

I can only assume Chris and Laura had 'boring drinks' as apparently I didn't deem them photo-worthy.

Exhausted, we dragged ourselves back to the hotel for a well deserved sleep!

Edited at 09:45 PM.