Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Apr 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

The Grand Tour...Day 30 NYC

For breakfast today we went to Eataly near the Flatiron, we had Nutella crepes, they were so good!

I loved it here, such an appealing place to visit and I loved seeing all the fresh produce to buy. A fresh corn on the cob was only 55c and they sold tear drop shaped and candy floss flavoured grapes, so random. I wish we had visited here at the beginning of our stay and we could have stocked up for our stay!

From here we jumped on the subway and headed to Brooklyn, I wanted to go on Squibb Bridge as it was closed in December 2014 when we visited before. We walked along the promenade seeing Janes Carousel in action which was nice.

The kids spotted a bright yellow sign which they posed by, not sure if it was OY or YO?

We had an ice cream from The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, I had peaches and cream which I found to be tasteless, the others had a chocolate flavoured one and thought it was nice.

We walked up to the Squibb Bridge Park but it was closed again! I thought it would be open as it was summer… *I’ve since checked and it seems to be permanently closed*

The sun had really warmed up so we didn’t fancy walking over the bridge back into Manhattan with no shade, this time we opted to catch the East River Ferry back and get off at 34th Street. I really enjoyed this, such good views and seeing the skyline from another perspective was fab!

We did have quite a trek from our drop off point but we eventually made it back to the apartment. I forgot how long New York streets can be

Unfortunately it was time to start packing…it didn’t take long luckily. We all showered and got ready to go out for our last evening. We had booked Tony Di Napolis near Times Square for dinner, it was here we had our Christmas day meal in 2014 and we all loved it so wanted to revisit to end our trip on a high. We had Chicken Marsala and Pasta Bolognaise as our mains and the adults had a few alcoholic beverages! This did work out to be our most expensive meal of the whole holiday but very much worth every cent!

We had booked to go and see Les Miserables tonight at the Imperial Theatre. As we had some spare time before we were due there we thought we would brave Times Square for the last time. I am glad we did as I walked straight past the Naked Cowboy! It’s only taken me 4 visits, whoop!

Then we spotted a Creamstone Creamery and we were desperate to try this so our luck was in tonight! It was so cool the way they did it and it tasted amazing, we had one each which was maybe a little greedy as it was quite sickly and we had just eaten enough food for 8 people!

We walked it off on our way to the theatre! What I love about the theatre in New York is that you get a Playbill, such a lovely free memento. We have waited a long time to see this show and were very excited, we had booked good seats in the stalls for a very good price. I always find great deals for shows in London but struggle for NYC. However I found a site that offered a very good discount so ordered them, I was more surprised we got a deal as the show finishes on Broadway on 4th September.

The show was absolutely amazing. The lead was played by John Owen Jones, a welsh guy who has the most astounding voice. We hung about after the show to get some autographs on our playbill, the cast were lovely and we got to meet Mr Jones and discovered he lives near us in the UK, small world!

We were all on a high as we headed back to our apartment, sad it was our last night but happy it was a great last night

Steps today; 13,958

Floors climbed; 39

*Tip of the day *Check that places you want to visit are open 
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Great report thanks for sharing
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a fabulous last day! Again jam packed!

The food looks lovely!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

OMG what a last day. The skyline from the water is stunning. Your food looks delicious and to end your trip with seeing Les Miserables on Broadway is just amazing. I've seen it once when it came to Edinburgh and just found it such a moving and emotional show.
Old 12 Aug 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good last day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List