Notices

Old 21 Apr 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Over the Hill and Sailing Away March 2017 Day 17 Mini Golf Disney Springs Boardwalk

Our last full day in Florida, I was very sad. We decided to get out and go for breakfast at Golden Coral. It is a family tradition to visit once and gorge ourselves on the buffet. It was roughly $7 or less each and I wondered why we didn't come here more often, even if all you ate was pancakes it is fab value and you can get fresh waffles and omelettes too. We managed. To hang about til lunch replaced breakfast too at 11.

Here's my first selection, the banana nut French toast is amazing, and I had more cinnamon rolls, the ones here are covered in syrup, they were great! I had to have the crust bacon too, it is America after all.

Actually I know why we don't come here more often, we would be the size of a house at the end of the holidays, this is Derek's first selection, fried chicken, carvery ham and hash browns.

Of course the kids love it here, they get to have pancakes, ice cream and Diet Coke for breakfast!

Not to mention the chocolate fountain, here's what was left on my plate after I had finished my chocolate covered marshmallows and strawberries!

There is a tacky souvenir shop next door so once breakfast was finished we had a wander, Derek found a very appropriate tshirt for him.

Next up we went to the mini golf at Blizzard Beach. This was lots of fun, we would never dream of doing this at 12pm in the summer but it was very bearable in the current climate and the theming is excellent.

One game per day is included in the ultimate ticket. I didn't think to look at the price to actually pay to play but we really enjoyed this and would go again.

We reached the 18th hole in just over one hour.

With the score added up Derek won by a very slim margin, I only scored two more than him and the kids did really well too, with Murray third and Katie fourth but all with pretty low scores we were chuffed with ourselves. It was also a relatively amicable round, in that there were no arguments or over competitiveness which is not really like us when it comes to mini golf ( or any game really)

We finished our game on a high and I suggested a visit to Disney Springs which was met with a few groans but they all eventually agreed. My first suggestion for today was a final trip to Magic Kingdom with a ride to Epcot in the monorail, trying to squeeze every last Disney drop out of the holiday but that was a definite no from everyone so they surely had to agree to my watered down Disney day?

Honestly they were really happy to be at Disney Springs, this is their Tower of Terror Lift operator face. We actually had a lovely wander round the shops. We bought a few bits and pieces, I eventually visited the Christmas shop and bought a Chip and Dale bell ornament which was cute.

The Cherry Tree Lane area of the shops was lovely.

We found a soap in the Bath and Basin shop that matched Katie's glasses.

There was a gorgeous Disney Living shop set up with a Beauty and the Beast theme. This reminded me we hadn't managed a visit to the show in Hollywood Studios this time and led to a discussion with the kids about us actually not doing lots of things we normally do at Disney, we didn't meet any Star Wars characters either. They told me we had only been here in the summer last year and had done it last time so I should be fine with that. Talk about role reversal, having to reassured by my kids that it was okay to not do everything in Disney, I would be in the parks every day if they would let me!

Look at these Disney Uggs, gorgeous. Unfortunately they didn't come in an size 6!

We wandered a bit more then headed back to the villa for a rest, swim and more packing.

Time was marching on I the villa by the time we got ourselves organised I thought it would be best to try and book a table for dinner online again so we didn't have to go out and wait for ages somewhere. We initially thought about Celebration as you can use open table.com for quite a few restaurants there and we have never tried them. Big River Grille came up at Boardwalk though and we thought a last wander there would be better so I booked for 8. We parked in the Boardwalk car park and walked up.

We were delighted to be back in our favourite place.

We had a bit of a wait but were seated about 8.10. We had never eaten here although we have had drinks. It struck me as incredibly noisy, I didn't realise how small the dining area was, I imagined it went further back but it doesn't. We also had quite a small table for four so we felt a. It cramped.

Despite the noisy surroundings our meal was fine, not the best meal of the holidays but for us to be able to know we had a booking meaning we didn't need to rush out the house and be in our favourite place was good enough for me.

Derek had seafood pasta.

Katie had a burger

Murray and I both had chicken nachos from the appetiser selection. The nachos were quite salty so I struggled to finish.

We decided to walk round to Beaches and Cream for icecream and enjoyed some massive ice creams while watching the Starwars fireworks from the Boardwalk as we walked round.

There was an entertainer doing various activities and we watched for a while.

It was a nice end to our day and not long after we headed back to the villa conscious that we had a long travel day ahead tomorrow.

We seem to have had fun the photo booth before we left too.

I couldn't quite believe the holiday was almost over, we had such a brilliant time and I was very sad to wave goodbye to the Boardwalk area. At least you can come here without a Disney ticket though so we will be back for a Disney fix I'm sure.

Tomorrow the last day, travel day home!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 21 Apr 17 11:33 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

What a fantastic trip report thanks so much for sharing, I've really enjoyed reading along and the cruise looked absolutely amazing.. !
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Ahhh sad that this is over! Such lovely photos - love the one of your children together and the photo booth ones - where is the photo booth I missed that! Boardwalk is such a wonderful place. Its my dream to stay at Yacht or beach club so I can walk along there every day... Thanks so much for sharing your trip.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day

Joan
Old 22 Apr 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Aww I'm so sad this is coming to an end Hazel 😳. Have loved your report as always - great to follow along. Particularly loved the cruise section as that was totally new to me having never read any TRs of those before.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do it live - you did an awesome job and I know how hard it is to keep that up!

Helen xx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely last day. We went to Winter Summer land golf and Disney Springs before heading to the airport.

That's a lovely photo of the children at the Boardwalk. That was one place we didn't manage to get to.

Have loved catching up on your holiday.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A really nice last day, we've yet to fit the time in to go to any of the Disney mini-golf.
Old 29 Apr 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ladyofleisure View Post
What a fantastic trip report thanks so much for sharing, I've really enjoyed reading along and the cruise looked absolutely amazing.. !
Thanks for reading along!
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another lovely day

Joan
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Ahhh sad that this is over! Such lovely photos - love the one of your children together and the photo booth ones - where is the photo booth I missed that! Boardwalk is such a wonderful place. Its my dream to stay at Yacht or beach club so I can walk along there every day... Thanks so much for sharing your trip.
You must stay there you would love it! The photo booth is near Boardwalk Bakery and ESPN. We also used one at the exit to the figment ride. I love that the photo booth photos are included in the photo pass, I sent the kids in quite a few times in the last couple of holidays, great fun.

closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Aww I'm so sad this is coming to an end Hazel 😳. Have loved your report as always - great to follow along. Particularly loved the cruise section as that was totally new to me having never read any TRs of those before.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do it live - you did an awesome job and I know how hard it is to keep that up!

Helen xx
Thank you, what a lovely comment, looking forward to your next TR too, your first one was the inspiration for mine as you know!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
What a lovely last day. We went to Winter Summer land golf and Disney Springs before heading to the airport.

That's a lovely photo of the children at the Boardwalk. That was one place we didn't manage to get to.

Have loved catching up on your holiday.
That sounds like a good last day plan, unfortunately if we did that Derek would be having kittens worrying about getting to the airport in time😉
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A really nice last day, we've yet to fit the time in to go to any of the Disney mini-golf.
It was my first Disney mini golf and I really enjoyed it, try it if you can, it was fun.