Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Apr 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

It's my dd favourite ride
I was really scared doing it the first time
And just as scared the second time
As others have said it's the suspense waiting
The theaming is amazing
And the view from the top is great
I think u will love it and will want to do it again
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

The first time we went I was too scared to go on. The second time I decided to be brave and realised it was amazing and it is now my favourite ride. I love the way it's different every time you ride.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

I'm so glad I asked the question, and weirdly looking forward to it now

My fastpass is for 6.35 not sure that was the best time to choose though lol

Thank you everyone
Mjordan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
DD rides it with me. It was hilarious though. We strapped in and started moving forward through the pre-show. She whimpered nearly all the way until the lift locks into the rise/fall section.

Then her arms went up and she was squealing and screaming ecstatically all the way through!

What I love is that you will probably never ride the same sequence of ups and downs twice as it has so many variations. The one which caught me unawares was going up to the very top, dropping halfway and stopping, and then dropping again. No-one expected that! I love the ones where you go up and then immediately down without a jerked stop, because you really are weightless for that split second.

I do NOT like everyone's hands in the air, though. Our photos are ruined because you can't even see us thanks to the rows in front almost completely covering us! That said, we've also sat in the very front row, and that really IS scary!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post

I do NOT like everyone's hands in the air, though. Our photos are ruined because you can't even see us thanks to the rows in front almost completely covering us!
Must admit I'm very wary of raising my arms for this reason..I've seen pics before where kids on what might be their only ride on TOT can hardly be seen at all because of adults in front with their hands right up..😕
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rnn1g View Post
The anticipation is so much worse than the actual drops. Its my favourite ride (writing this as I'm sat in my TOT jumper!), I really love it yet hate similar drop rides like the one in Thorpe Park. The cast members make it great, always come off this shaking with adrenaline wanting to go back on!
Lol. I'm sat here reading this in my TOT t-shirt.
I won't even go on the other big drop rides such as at Thorpe park, Blackpool or port aventura, BUT TOT is my fave ride in Disney , no fave ride in the whole world
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Our favourite ride We have seen some tiny kids on it who loved it and most people (between the screams) are helpless with laughter
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love this ride, five of us on a rainy Monday night, no queues, did it half a dozen times in just over an hour so we could get the perfect hands in the air photo. Some of the CM really get into the role and make a more 'spooky' experience, probably my equal favourite Disney ride with Splash.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

My favourite ride in the world! I love it. Could spend a whole 2 week on it.

Is it still closing?
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mjordan View Post
If you had to describe this ride to someone that knows nothing about it, what would you say?
Here's a lengthy description...

You sit in seats in what looks like a tiny box theatre together with a couple of dozen other people. Each seat has a seatbelt. Prior to the actual drops, you move through a spooky/eerie themed part which sets the scene and describes the backstory. There are some dark parts. This can therefore be a bit scary for younger children. It builds up the tension.

Then the small theatre (the "lift") manoeuvres into the lift shaft. There's a short pause. The doors in front of you open. The lift then suddenly drops around 13 floors. You rise out of your seat slightly and it feels like your stomach leaps into your throat. It's a similar feeling to that when you race over a humpback bridge. The falling stops and then you are flung back up again and the process repeats a few times. It's somewhat random but you can drop 4 or 5 times.

Neither I nor my wife or teenage daughter like it. But I agree that the theming is very good.

Originally Posted by Florida virgin View Post
Is it still closing?
The one in Florida is not closing, no.

The one in California has already closed (it closed in Jan) and is being rethemed into a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Same mechanics and still a drop ride, just a different theme. It'll reopen in about a months time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List