Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

So, how long is too long?

My parents have been on holiday since 14th march on a huge cruise
They are back home on Thursday evening and I have been watching where they have been on the ship tracker and I am so excited that they are in the bay of biscaye and almost home.
I would never tell them that they have been away too long... I am so glad that they had this trip of a lifetime, they just deserve it, but I have missed them since the day they left and I think it's because they were away for such a long time.
I'm not a child by the way, I'm a 46 year old adult
I know this is an odd thing to post about considering we all love our holidays, but I never expected to be thinking that maybe this was too long!
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm 35 and I can't bear it when my parents go away for a fortnight so I completely understand!
Old 25 Apr 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Believe me you are not alone... I soooo miss my mum when she is away... Especially as she is all I have now I know she still enjoys her holidays which is good (she is only 78) but I love going with her, but I cant always afford it or have the time off work...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

OH's parents are moving to Spain next week. When they went away for 3 weeks OH struggled with not being able to pop in to theirs to say hello!
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh bless you. My dad and step mum are away at the moment and I really miss them ..
because I've been feeding their cats and this morning one vomited all over the carpet so I had to clean it up😡
Come back dad ! Your cats are gross!😫

Edited at 07:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
OH's parents are moving to Spain next week. When they went away for 3 weeks OH struggled with not being able to pop in to theirs to say hello!
Now this is hard.
My dad and step mum moved to Spain when I was 22 and I missed him so much , well both of them .
We went over to visit them a couple of times a year but a few days before we were due to go home I'd always get so upset, every time .. it was awful .
I was so glad when they came home a few years ago but now I miss their Spanish town house that was right across from the beach haha
You'll just have to make lots of trips 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I'm glad I am not alone. With regards to your OH parents moving, I would find that difficult as well. It's not the same , but my brother and his family live in Abu Dhabi and it can be tough at times. Thank goodness for Skype.

Edited at 07:34 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I go away for 4 or 5 weeks every summer and always feel like it's just not long enough. I think I'd stay for the full 90 days my ESTA allows if I could get the time off work!
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
A few years ago when my parents retired they went on a big trip to Australia to see relatives, NZ, back to Australia, Hawaii and San Francisco. They were away for 7 weeks and 6 days. It was the longest 8 weeks of my life

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't know how my kids feel but I miss them after about 12 days.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List