Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Apr 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Yes it is the same one. My parents got on in Singapore but had 9 nights at my brothers in Abu Dhabi and 2 in Singapore before joining. They are not on fb and have only got wifi a couple of days so haven't really spoke since Singapore. I bet they all had a fab time though, it's a trip of a lifetime!
My mum and dad thought it was a trip of a lifetime when they did San Fran to Singapore about 3 yrs ago - their first ever cruise/boat trip beyond day trips - and all the way to Hawaii without a stop.

Cruising has since replaced Florida for them, with cruise forum replacing the dibb, and they do a couple of short ones each year, although this is the first big once since the first.

Enjoy catching up with all fantastic news and pics when you see them soon. I know my mum's going to find the temp a shock to her system when she gets back tomorrow.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
My parents have been on holiday since 14th march on a huge cruise
They are back home on Thursday evening and I have been watching where they have been on the ship tracker and I am so excited that they are in the bay of biscaye and almost home.
I would never tell them that they have been away too long... I am so glad that they had this trip of a lifetime, they just deserve it, but I have missed them since the day they left and I think it's because they were away for such a long time.
I'm not a child by the way, I'm a 46 year old adult
I know this is an odd thing to post about considering we all love our holidays, but I never expected to be thinking that maybe this was too long!
Mine went away for 3 weeks last year and I cried my eyes out and so did my wee 77 year old dad.

Saying goodbye to him at the airport is always tough when we go and there is always tears of happiness when he picks us up. My mum is made of tougher stuff
Joelin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Joelin View Post
Mine went away for 3 weeks last year and I cried my eyes out and so did my wee 77 year old dad.

Saying goodbye to him at the airport is always tough when we go and there is always tears of happiness when he picks us up. My mum is made of tougher stuff
I always cry a little when I say goodbye when they go on holiday
But that's them home, I picked them up from the station. A good time was had, although I think they are on the verge of murdering each other after 7 weeks
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

My in laws go on 6 or 7 holidays every year - usually for a week or fortnight but last year they went around the world for 9 weeks and next year theyre off again for over a month.

We find it very hard as they live round the corner so we see them a lot - always feels like something is missing when theyre away
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Do you also miss them when YOU go away without them ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Do you also miss them when YOU go away without them ?
Yes but possibly not quite as much as we always plan lots to keep us occupied.

That said, other than the odd weekend we only tend to go away once a year and never for more than a fortnight.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm nearly 40 and still miss my folks when they are away for a fortnight. They live a mile away and I see them 2 or 3 times a week. I look after their house whilst they are away so it's odd walking into an empty house. My daughters miss them too but my dad updates his Facebook with photos of beaches, blue sky and a cold pint sat on a table in front of said beach and blue sky 😂
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

I miss my parents too. I see then a couple of times a week and meet them in the pub every Friday night. And text in between.

Every two week holiday I gain at least 10lb so god help me for 7 weeks 😂
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DH mum lives in Italy, know he misses her a lot at times still 28 years on.
My Dad died two years ago and no words...missing him is not enough to describe it.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We winter on Bokeelia for 178 days and I didn't realise how much mother misses me when we are away until last year when she said my sister would soon be back from France, adding, 'once you're home I'll have you all back'. I discussed it with my sister in law and she said ma worries about all of us and misses me terribly when we're away. That concerned me as whilst I miss ma and pa I hadn't been aware of the depth she felt, perhaps this is due to my having being so independant and as I'm childless by choice I've never experienced the emotions most parents do towards their offspring.

This winter has been more concerning as my 89 year old dad's health is failing. I've found myself worrying much more and hold my breath when ringing them to hear all is okay. I realise it's a fine line, we enjoy our winters here for health reasons and because I don't know what tomorrow will bring, in particular, if a 4th cancer could appear. We enjoy being here out of the cold, but I still need to remind myself to be aware of how ma feels too. We're home the 20th May and I fear I'll see further deterioration with da.