Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Apr 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We've never been in October before so will be doing it - expensive though!
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

Not doing the party as our kids are 2 and 6 and will probably be too sleepy. May consider it when they are older.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've decided to do the party as we've never been to Disney during Halloween and want the whole experience! I hope it's worth it!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

We've not made a final decision yet. Don't want to miss out on the fun but it's not exactly a cheap night out. My husband is not sure it's worth it if staying on site, as we would have PM EMH anyway. But it looks so much fun!

If we decide to go we probably would wait to buy tickets once we are stateside and have. A better idea of the weather. Don't fancy doing it in the pouring rain.
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We weren't but now we are ( well we are if the prices dont exceed $115 pp) . Going 31/10 .
I admit though costs are spiralling and its costing so much more than 2015, even though the holiday part was cheaper .
It will be great to go on Halloween night though.
I'm raging we will miss it but looking forward to the Christmas one.
Old 26 Apr 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
We've decided to do the party as we've never been to Disney during Halloween and want the whole experience! I hope it's worth it!
It is. Personally I think its amazing.
Old 26 Apr 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
It will be great to go on Halloween night though.
I'm raging we will miss it but looking forward to the Christmas one.
It's a fab night especially Halloween night ( we booked so we would get Halloween again tbh ) .
Christmas one is just as good , just different but very Christmassy 🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼😍😍😍
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We did it last time and really didn't think it was value for money. now we have 2 kids and it's a lot of money for the few extra things, so we are not doing it this time round. We have booked cirque tickets for 31/10 and although seen it before, it was amazing and worth the money more than the party. The holiday is costing so much and I just can't see where the value is. I know you get to see different fireworks, different characters (kids won't really know them anyway) and candy which we put most in bin last time. so on that at over $400 I really can't do it.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We are not doing it this year.We have done it a few times now including Halloween.If I am honest I just don't want to spend that much on one night with the current exchange rate also a factor.My oldest two are more interested in Halloween horror nights at universal anyway.I just have to find something fun for the youngest to do on Halloween.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We are October goers too, we have decided not to do mnsshp, our girls 10 and 12 are not too worried about fireworks, and videos we have seen, make the park look quite dark and busy, which my eldest is worried about, so really cant justify to money on tickets, we are doing seaworld, and will buy the girls some hallowwen candy x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List