Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
anwad
VIP Dibber

Some people are stupid - who would even think that Mickey is not real, that would be as bad as saying Father Christmas, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny aren't real. I hope my children never hear this vicious rumour - they are in their 30's and would be distraught
Virgin villa July 2003; Virgin villa Easter 2005; Virgin villa Easter 2009; Solana Villa August 2013; Dibb Townhouse Christmas 2016; West Coast Roadtrip August 2017; Boardwalk Halloween 2018; AKL,Disney Wish and RPR October 2023
anwad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

My DD1 was a bit older than 3, probably nearer 4-5 but she's a real Disney Princess and still believes at 11! I should clarify, when I say believe - she loves everything Disney, but clearly knew from an early age they weren't real.

DD2 is a realist - 2.5 and she was looking for the zipper on the suit 😂. She's 8 now and there's no way she believes in anything Disney! Doesn't mean she doesn't love a cuddle and time with characters though 👍🏻

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've answered this before, but it never occurred to me, that people actually think they (characters) are not real! We used to say to DS, it's okay it's nothing to be scared off, only someone dressed up, and once he could feel their fingers through their costume, he relaxed!
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdob59
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by anwad View Post
Some people are stupid - who would even think that Mickey is not real, that would be as bad as saying Father Christmas, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny aren't real. I hope my children never hear this vicious rumour - they are in their 30's and would be distraught
I totally agree.

My son and daughter are aged 33 and 36 would be devastated to hear such rumours. It's a good job they are not on the Dibb !
dibdob59 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdob59
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
We used to say to DS, it's okay it's nothing to be scared off, only someone dressed up!
How could you tell such an untruth!
dibdob59 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My son is a realist and always has been, I remember him being in WDW when he was about 4 saying the characters weren't real, they were people dressed up. He still enjoyed Disney though.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Our younger lad has Aspergers so says it as it is.
So we were in DLP when he was 6 and Mickey and his helper came past. They stopped and the helper asked if DS wanted to ask Mickey a question.
" Is it hot in that costume?" He said!
Sort of killed the Magic a wee bit. But we knew DLP MM was a counterfeit as the real one lives in WDW
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My son knew at one level but was still thrilled that one holiday he got lots and lots of extra attention from Minnie, Pooh and Mickey on separate days ... he also knew our friend had a job working very closely with Mickey and Minnie but never questioned how she was never around when they were but seemed to know everything he had said and done with them.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
My son is a realist and always has been, I remember him being in WDW when he was about 4 saying the characters weren't real, they were people dressed up. He still enjoyed Disney though.
Same with mine last year. It made me sad she'd already worked it out! I explained to her that of course mickeys real etc etc and she bought it for now..not sure she will come next year though!
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I remember being in magic kingdom when the old toon town was there and there was a little girl was there she was crying her eyes out . I asked her mother why as she was we sat down beside them on a bench and her mother said that her brother who was 10 was saying that there where people inside the coustms and the treaty upset the little girl me being me asked could I speak to the little girl . The mother said yes so I I got up and sat on the floor in front of the little girl and I said I am over 30 and I still beleave there no one in the coustems that all of the charters are real and there a specel place that not everyone can see only those that beleave that they are real can see it it the top of Bay lake tower . I said do you know where this is the little girl looked at me and said no then looked at her mother and asked . She said yes honey it's just near where we staying. I guessed that they where at the contempary. I saiid to the mother asked your little girl to look at the top of bay lake and say to her know you now what kevin said at MK if you beleave and look up you will see where all the charters live as they knocking down toon town there a large place at the top and that's where they all live so they must be real. I spoke to the little girl and said only those that beleave will see dio you beleave ttc at Micky minne and the rest are real she said yes and smiled I got up sat down next to my partner the lady looked at me and on could see she was almost crying . She said you made one little 5 year old very happy .

The moral is if you believe then it real
What a lovely thing to do x
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List