Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jul 11, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I could not ubuse it and use it for next year so it won't bother me, I guess they would soon sort the split thing out

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
As I understand it, there is an agreement with Coca Cola that the coke is supplied free to Disney because of the promotion it gets at all the outlets.
Apparently this isn't the case and Disney actually does pay for the syrup.

On the point about mugs for life, they where still only valid at the resort that they where purchased. The only ones that I've seen are for Dixie Landings and that resort dent exist now ( I know it's been renamed but legally it's gone..). There was probably something in the small print that would allow Disney to discontinue this practice at some time in the future and as people generally don't read all the small print...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So what is stopping people filling up drinks with the refillable mugs a few times and then transferring the drink to larger containers. Thats no different to sticking the container under the drinks dispenser.

At the end of the day Disney pay next to nothing - if anything at all - for the various drinks and probably dont care what sort of mug is used.

And as someone said earlier if people bought mugs a few years ago when they were 'drinks for life' mugs how are Disney going to police it.

The new system - if true of course - will most defintely erk the American visitors because they are the majority of visitors who bring back old mugs and use them over and over again.

Could be interesting!
Old 13 Jul 11, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Apart from the dishonesty in using the mugs again if you don't have the very old "mug for life" type I can't see that it's very hygienic to reuse them anyway.

We had mugs in 2009 which we used for almost three weeks - by which point they were becoming a bit "horrid" anyway.

I think the mugs are excellent value and I really don't see why people don't "play fair" in the first place. I don't blame Disney for taking a stand on this one.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by pinkypominnie View Post
I think it would make a welcome change too...will stop all the cheapskates stealing drinks and all the arguments on here from people who think it's ok to do it too
Second time I've agreed with you this week LOL

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I know what the current rules are and buy new ones for each trip and have quite a collection.

My uncle and aunt though continue to get refills on the mugs they insist they purchased way in the dim and distant when the mugs were actually advertised and sold with lifetime free refills. They have only been challenged once and once they explained were left to get on with it, but they did resent having to explain themselves when they were doing nothing wrong
You can usually tell which mugs these are as they have the individual Resort on them though there were newer Resort mugs as well.

Originally Posted by Nic18076 View Post
Apart from the dishonesty in using the mugs again if you don't have the very old "mug for life" type I can't see that it's very hygienic to reuse them anyway.

We had mugs in 2009 which we used for almost three weeks - by which point they were becoming a bit "horrid" anyway.

I think the mugs are excellent value and I really don't see why people don't "play fair" in the first place. I don't blame Disney for taking a stand on this one.
We always wash ours out each time we use them with the hot water at the refill stations then give them a good wash at the end of the day with washing up liquid and hot water or pop them in the dishwasher.

IMO, I think Disney is doing this as a money making exercise to make more money from selling the mugs, not necessarily because they are losing out on the drinks.

When we stayed at Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2006 we bought two sets of mugs as they were the individual Resort mugs then. I guess people can if they really want to, still cheat the system but this will make it more awkward for them. Last year a lady in front of me at the check-out till asked for a cup for water then went and filled it up with soda

Caron
Old 13 Jul 11, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NicolaFred
Imagineer

NicolaFred's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I hope they bring this system in resort wide. They really need this system in the parks. I got so angry at a family who asked for ice water in electric umbrella and then helped themselves, several time, to soda from the machine. It's stealing! Basic and simple!

Nic & Fred Present... ALL OUR TRIP REPORTS
NicolaFred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 11, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I always buy the kids a new mug each year ( I say kids, they'll be 19 and 21 this year). I love my iced coffee over there so never bothered buying one for myself. I will have my own this year tho as we have a free one each on the qsdp. The mugs are so reasonably priced that I don't understand anyone who doesn't buy them! I must own up though to sometimes taking a plastic cup from the room in the morning for my son to have a drink with his pancakes - we don't go back to the room after breakfast, and don't want to have to carry the mug with us all day. I've never considered this stealing tho as we do have the mug in the room and can produce it if asked. It's only ever a mouthful of coke, just to wash his brekkie down.
Old 13 Jul 11, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
So what is stopping people filling up drinks with the refillable mugs a few times and then transferring the drink to larger containers. Thats no different to sticking the container under the drinks dispenser.
Nothing at all is stopping people from transferring drinks from their mug to another container, and I don't have a problem with it as long as they have a mug. If they don't have a refillable mug and fill up other containers with soda they haven't paid for, that's stealing. Like other posters I have seen guests ask for water only to use that cup for soda. In my book that's lying and stealing, pure and simple.

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Last year a lady in front of me at the check-out till asked for a cup for water then went and filled it up with soda

Caron[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable :angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucien21
Very Serious Dibber

Lucien21's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Disney Limiting Refills ?

blogs.orlandosentinel/dis...fillable-mugs/

Reports are suggesting that Disney is trialling a new type of mug that only allows limited refills.

Seems like a reasonable idea if they can get it to work.
Lucien21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List