Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Aug 16, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know if Uber are prepared to stick a folding wheelchair in the boot or am I better off using regular mears?

Edited at 07:32 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The feeling22 code didn't work for me or the missus as we used a code for UK already. I thought we would be ok as the code was for USA and so it be ok for first time use in USA.

I created a thread to let people know you can use lyft as an alternative which I'm currently using.
Old 20 Aug 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by p2user View Post
The feeling22 code didn't work for me or the missus as we used a code for UK already. I thought we would be ok as the code was for USA and so it be ok for first time use in USA.

I created a thread to let people know you can use lyft as an alternative which I'm currently using.
No you only get one code. It for the first time use only. You don't get a first time use for each country.
Old 28 Aug 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Can an uber pick you up at the parks at night? Thinking for after Club Villain at HS which finishes after the park shuts.
Old 30 Aug 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone know where the best place to hire an uber when landing in MCO

Many thanks

Edited at 11:41 AM.
kaip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I have read several different very recent online sources saying Uber can now drop off at Disney parks directly without paying the parking fee. This would do away with the need to go to a hotel etc and bus it to the park gate and would be so handy but forums are still full of people (like me) working out the handiest drop off points that will avoid the parking fee.

Can anyone confirm if Uber are now going directly to the regular drop off zones with guests and not incurring the $20 parking fee?

Edited at 10:29 PM.
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DaddyO View Post
I have read several different very recent online sources saying Uber can now drop off at Disney parks directly without paying the parking fee. This would do away with the need to go to a hotel etc and bus it to the park gate and would be so handy but forums are still full of people (like me) working out the handiest drop off points that will avoid the parking fee.

Can anyone confirm if Uber are now going directly to the regular drop off zones with guests and not incurring the $20 parking fee?
yes i can confirm this, i used Uber last year to all of the WDW parks and Universal, every Uber car we used headed straight for the guest drop-off areas with no problems, and no parking fees were ever levied on our fares, this is standard practice.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by kaip View Post
Anyone know where the best place to hire an uber when landing in MCO

Many thanks
The hotel onsite at the airport as uber aren't meant to do pick ups at the actual airport.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
yes i can confirm this, i used Uber last year to all of the WDW parks and Universal, every Uber car we used headed straight for the guest drop-off areas with no problems, and no parking fees were ever levied on our fares, this is standard practice.
thank you sammykitten
Old 21 Sep 16, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is there a rough price list somewhere? Wondering for prices from the airport (or nearby hotel) to universal & from universal to the nearest Walmart?
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List