Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Feb 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Yeah another food report. So looking forward to it.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Oh yay, looking forward to reading this.
I don't blame you for not doing a full trippie while planning a wedding... I'm still working on my 2014 trippie 😂 It may never be complete.
Can't wait to read the next day and see some more food pics

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Yeh! Love a good food report.
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Ohh, looking forward to this, we too were out the for Christmas 😀
Oooh exciting! Did you have a fab time? Where did you stay? xxx

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Yay Libby... any kind of trippie will do Thanks for taking the time to share
Aww thank you lovely, I'm glad you're happy with this offering! xxx

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
yaaaay its begun,i thought we were only getting highs and lows, so bonus mo x
Aww what a sweet message, thank you! I'm pleased you're pleased! Hopefully it'll be a fun ride! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Great start, Libby. You are looking very slender and happy. Look forward to reading along. x
Awwww thank you so much what a lovely comment I could kiss you hahah! Hope you enjoy the report! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post
Fab start xx
Thank you! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Always enjoyed reading your trip reports and I love me a good food report so look forward to this. Great start.
Yay thank you! I'm glad you're excited! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by The Big F View Post
We are considering Christmas for this year - so subscribing
Oh you 100% should do it, it was incredible! Hopefully this report will help a bit! xxxxx

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Sounds fantastic, can't wait to read some more. x
Yay! xxxxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
Yay! Love a foodie report but mainly looking forward to the full wedding one, there will be a full one I assume?

Best not let me down Libby? I need a wedding to look forward to Lol x
Lol! Slightly aggressive post there Beth! yes of course there will be a wedding trippie, it's just I've got so much on at the moment what with planning the actual wedding haha! But I'll have nothing to plan once we're back from the wedding trip so I'll pour all my energy into that! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Yay! Looking forward to this
Thank you lovely! xxxx

Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
So happy to see your report! Yay. Trippys are hard work especially when you have a big wedding to plan too. Am getting married in July at home and that's stressful enough never mind planning a Disney wedding. Can't wait to read the rest xx
Thanks sweetie! So glad you understand! Yes it is hard work haha, I'm enjoying it though! Hope your wedding planning is going well! Enjoy! xxxxx

Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Love this! Great start x
Thank you lovely! xxxxx

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aah you look so happy and excited in those pictures! Looking forward to reading more!
Aww thank you, that's such a lovely thing to say xxxxx

Originally Posted by disneyme View Post
Great start Libby

Looking forward t the rest!
Thank you! Hope you enjoy! xxxx

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
Looking forward to this!
Thank you, welcome! xxxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Yay ,looking forward to this ,love your new hair colour BTW !
Thank you so much! It's actually my natural colour! xxxxx

Originally Posted by jcourt39 View Post
Excited! Can't wait to read 😁😁
Rachael x X x
Thank you! I hope you like it! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Looking forward to more Libby! Can't believe it all went so quickly! Pussycat
I knowwwwwwww, went so fast! At least we can relive it now hahah! xxxxx

Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
Yeah another food report. So looking forward to it.
Hope you enjoy sweetie! xxxx

Originally Posted by princessjilly View Post
Oh yay, looking forward to reading this.
I don't blame you for not doing a full trippie while planning a wedding... I'm still working on my 2014 trippie 😂 It may never be complete.
Can't wait to read the next day and see some more food pics
This made me lol! At least you're trying though, that's all you can do! Trippies take such a long time hahah! Hope you enjoy my report xxxx

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Yeh! Love a good food report.
And I hope you like this one! xxxxxx
Old 1 Feb 16, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 1 - Saturday 19th December 2015

TRAVEL DAY WOOOOOOO! We were up with the alarm at 6.30am and we were both soooo excited I made a cup of tea and then ran around frantically for the next hour as I really should have got up earlier oops! I was ready on time though and we were good to go at 7.30am. We had to quickly change the cases around a bit so they were both underweight but it was all good! Check out from the Travelodge was lightening fast, and we were lucky as a shuttle bus pulled up straightaway.

Bus to the North Terminal took a20 mins and was £3 each again, and we got there
about 8.15. We had to queue for quite a while to drop our cases off but it was all good!

Nails-in-the-queue pic!

Once we’d got rid of our luggage we went through hand luggage check which was all fine, and then we were in the Departures lounge! Woo, it all happens so fast! We were starving by this point so we heade straight for our favourite pre-flight breakfast location, Wetherspoons! I have to say, I was very impressed with Wetherspoons! I feel like they’ve upped their game recently, the menu was amazing and the food matched it! I couldn’t decide what to get but in the end I went for the Eggs Royale and an apple juice.

This was SO GOOD! Super duper thick cut smoked salmon and perfectly poached eggs. I kept up a running commentary to Ben throughout telling him how incredible it was haha. Happy Libby!

Benji went for the full veggie breakfast, with a pint of beer (Devil’s Backbone). Unfortunately he said the beer was a mistake and he didn’t finish it, he said he should have got cider. I’ve just asked him about it now and he said it is ‘not a breakfast drink.’ hahaha!

We had a cute table too and it was just a lovely experience. 10/10! It came to about £22 which we didn’t think was too bad, especially with a pint!

After breakfast we went to buy magazines and pop to boots for food. I couldn’t decide what to get as I get so hungry on flights but didn’t want a full meal deal as it seemed excessive, but it was cheaper to get a meal deal! After an agonsingly long time spent deciding, I grabbed some water, nuts, crisps and a granola bar to keep us going if we needed it. I also bought a travel contact lens case and solution because I now wear Dailies but I wanted to take them out on the flight and didn’t have anything to put them in. After this we wandered around duty free and enjoyed some booze and perfume samples. Benj bought some CK1 for a barganious price.

We also met Santa! Winning!

I’m not gonna lie he was a tad creepy so I was glad when Benj joined us for a pic hah!

Then it was time to go to the boarding lounge, and get on the plane! It was a full flight and very busy, we got on about 11 and take off was 11.35. The people in front of us reclined literally the second their bums hit the seats which sent me into an intense rage, but then I remembered we were going on holiday and forced myself to chillax. The TV’s were broken so they had to reset which everyone was really annoyed about haha, and took about half an hour! Unfortunately when they came back on we realised my screen was knackered and I could only see it if I set the contrast really high. Sigh. Never mind! I had saved lots of trippies on my iPad so was quite happy reading them

We were bought a drinks service first which was very welcome!

And then Benji’s special veggie meal was brought round not long after! He had a veggie chickpea curry but I felt a bit sorry for him because he didn’t get cheese and crackers Or a nice dessert! Just fruit! Laaaaame! We definitely put veggie not vegan so I’m not sure why they do that. He enjoyed it though!

He had a lovely looking roasted veggie salad!

And then it was my turn! I think there was a choice of sausages or chicken or pasta but I nearly always go for the veggie option on flights! I was really pleased it was still available because I could hear lots of people asking for it and I was one of the last to be served! I asked the air steward what type of pasta it was (pasta is a bit of a vague description, don’t you think!?) and he said cheesy mushroom YAY! And it totally lived up to my expectations! In fact the whole tray of food was gorgeous, I was in my element!

The pasta was amazing. So buttery and cheesy and mushroomy and garlicky. I literally licked the container!

The ham salad was sooooo good!

Cheese!

Dessert!

Phew, it was a lot of food! I watched Rick Stein while I ate as I love watching food programmes while I eat! I then watched an episode of I am Caitlin, a Friends episode, Elf, listened to music, and had a brief 1 hour nap. Benj managed to watch like 3 films during this time! He has his game head on when it comes to flights.

In between films and naps we took photos!

Specs

We got afternoon tea bought round just before we landed. It was a chicken mayo sandwich and a KitKat, not life-changing but nice! Benji had a cucumber cheese salad one I think! He also got a better pudding, boo!

Benj enjoying his sandwich

And finally, it was landing time! We landed at 4.15 and were able to get fast tracked through immigration so we were through super fast! Luggage then took a while, but by 5.30 we were sat outside at the Mears desk! So very quick! Before that though we went to the Mears desk to exchange our reservation number for a ticket and we had a really lovely man who wished us Happy Holidays yay!

We then went outside! We were really impressed with Mears, it was like £10 each, each way, so super cheap! And it was just really organised! We got a buzzer, waited 10 minutes and then were in the shuttle!

He collected 6 guests so I thought that’d be it as it was pretty jam packed haha but then we went to the South Terminal to get even more haha! Okay then! It was a family with looaaaaads of baggage too so it took ages. Never mind. We went for a tour of all the other people’s hotels and we were the last to be dropped off haha but it was nice to see some other places! Although I was feeling a bit sad to be seeing all these hotels I knew were more expensive than ours and seeing how beautifully their lobbys were decorated for Christmas, and I was getting worried what the Clarion would be like

BUT i was wrong! We got to the Clarion about 7pm so not too bad timing, and it looked so beautiful! There were lit up trees all the way up the the driveway which looked lovely and I had not been expecting that! We got out and tipped our driver, then lugged our bags into the very welcoming lobby. We queued to check-in and it was super fast. We walked to one of the furthest buildings so it felt like a massive trek cause we had our bags but we’d soon realise it really wasn’t! We went up to the 4th floor and I could see we were facing the parking lot so two of my requests had been granted, and the suspense was killing me as to whether we’d get the king bed too!

WE DID! Yay! I was so so so happy and grateful that they’d honoured my 3 requests! The room looked beautiful and I was feeling so pleasantly surprised! This is an incredibly cheap hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone! First things first, dinner! OBVIOUSLY we were having Giordanos, as is tradition. We had planned to walk to Crossroads to get groceries but we were both way too tired so we decided to order Giordanos, and then just go to the hotel shop and grab some bits. Easy! We ordered Giordano’s online (WiFi was brilliant!) and I found a $5 off voucher ooooooosh! We placed the order and it wasn’t due to come until 8.30 arghhhh, long wait! It was fine though as we unpacked completely in that time and we felt really organised! We then went to the shop about 8.15 to grab some breakfast stuff. There wasn’t a lot in the way of breakfast goods to be honest and it was very expensive! We bought orange juice, I got some poptarts, and I think Benj got a Danish or something. We’d had a slight set back as there was no toaster and I’d just assumed there would be, so my daily toasted bagel with PB plan went out the window haha! Still, this was just for one morning so it was fine! We then went and sat in the lobby, we had to call the store because the guy was late but apparently he had come early and we hadn’t been there so he’d left...not ideal and I was annoyed as the food was lukewarm but we had a microwave so it was fine. We paid the guy, $24 plus tip, and took our goodies back up to the room. We had a small (SMALL! ) cheese deep dish pizza, a side of fries, and mozzarella sticks. Mmmmm! I reheated everything so it was piping hot, and we enjoyed this fabulous towel bed picnic!

The pizza was everything we'd dreamed of for the past 2 years, so so so so good. I only managed one slice yet again though haha! Once we’d finished eating it was about 10pm and I was soooo tired! We put everything that was leftover in the fridge, and set the alarm for 5.20 so we could be up and ready to somehow get to Magic Kingdom in time for rope drop!

Total spend: £22 for breakfast, $26 for Giordano’s, $10ish for room snacks

Edited at 11:01 PM.
Old 1 Feb 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh yes! I'm going to love this thread!

I don't think I have ever heard anyone rave about plane food the way you do Why wasn't Ben's veggie meal the sane as yours!?

Pooh Giordano's. We only did it once and same as you, managed one piece each. Such a waste
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Louisiana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I want that pizza! yum

I love reading trip reports and I love reading food reports so best of both worlds here!
Louisiana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

I looove plane food it was nice to see someone else so enthusiastic about it! Poor benj though!
So glad to hear you were happy with clarion, we're considering it for part of our trip in July. How did you make the requests, did you email them or through where you booked it? xx

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List