Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Jun 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love your dining reports! So looking forward to this!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay! I love your reports!
So lovely to see your dd grow up but find it funny that a few reports back she was engrosed in colouring whilst waiting for dinner and now she has her head stuck in her phone! Kids today ey! x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I love your reports too! Looking forward to reading more.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Love the food reports, really helpful when planning!
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Look forward to reading the rest and the trippie, love your reports.

We're thinking of a week at Cabana bay next May half term so this is perfect timing.

Think we flew the same days as you this year, American Airlines for us too but direct to Miami. Same food on the way out and my lot didn't eat it either! Luckily we'd also picked up boots sandwiches for dd. We don't normally eat out the first night as too tired but we were starving after not eating the plane food, we took inspiration for you trip reports and went to Steak n Shake, loved it and went three times the week we were there.

Thanks for all the tips and great advice
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
2016 Budget Eats and Treats Day 3

Monday 30th May 2016 (Memorial day)

Dennys, International Drive

DH and DD demanded a proper breakfast after the rubbish one yesterday. We had eaten at this Dennys in October 2014. It is the one just past the turning for Universal on I drive (5825 International Drive). It was early about 6.30am so initially we were only ones in. It is a nice Dennys, clean and modern inside.

Staff were great. Have had 2 great experiences here. Was definitely our best breakfast of the week.

I went for the special red white and blue slam $7.69 (I had the special slam last time but it was pumpkin pancakes as it was October) Sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns and blueberry pancakes topped with strawberries and cream. Pancakes were so fluffy. Coffee to drink

DD had kids choc chip pancakes and choc milk and ate the lot. DH had a grand slamwich breakfast sandwich and coffee. He also helped me with my pancakes.

I had a choice of 2 coupons here. A $5 off emailed to me for Memorial day from last years email club sign up and a 20% off from this years joining of Dennys email club (another email address) I used the $5 and saved the 20% which was valid longer in case we came back but we didn’t manage to squeeze it in. If your holiday coincides with a public holiday or event like back to school, Halloween etc you will get coupons.

As in most diners, server gives you check for full amount. Leave tip on table then give coupon in at till and they knock coupon off the check.

Total $22.42 plus tip

Eternelle’s, Diagon Alley

DD got a bottle of Gillywater and 3 of the flavour potions as souvenirs. Brought the flavours and empty water bottle home as souvenirs. The water was $4.25 and each potion are $3.99 each!

I won’t add this as they were bought by DD as souvenirs not our food budget

Hello Kitty store, Universal Studios

We had a look in this new store. Didn’t buy anything but they had lots of fudge and chocolate apples.

Lunch, in the suite Cabana bay

We had a suite this time at Cabana bay with a fridge and microwave. There were plastic plates and cutlery and a breakfast bar to eat at. We had some lunch in the room using the bits we had got in Walmart yesterday. We did enjoy having the extra space in the suite and it was handy for a quick snack.

Walmart (again!) Turkey Lake Road

Some more random food pics. Can’t remember what we actually bought? Would have been things to bring home. My favourite was an 88 cent ‘bargain bin’ with all weird and wonderful types of medicines in.

Universal CityWalk

PIQ

Not edible but this store had lots of cute food themed cushions. They were expensive so we didn’t buy (DD loved them)

Hard Rock Café Citywalk

We’d had a good experience here in October 2015 so I’d got 2 of the prepay ‘hip hop’ menu deals for £16 each this time from Floridatix. A few UK ticket sellers do them. You get a main course from a set menu, soft drink, ice cream, tax and tip. They also do a blue grass menu for £15.

It is a small saving especially with the poor exchange rate and I like having stuff prepaid if I can.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We were seated downstairs this time and our table wasn’t great. Server was rubbish, slow and disinterested. Food was fine, I had a chicken and bacon legendary burger, DH a legendary cheeseburger. We paid cash for a kid’s meal for DD but she didn’t like the chicken tenders.

Had chocolate and vanilla ice creams for dessert.

Music was good but we won be rushing back.

Paid $7.69 for DD (saved 15% with preferred AP)

Plus Prepaid £32 approx $46

Total $53.69

Simpsons Donut shop, Universal studios

DD got a big pink donut. We got recognised by another forum member who had read my last trip report and she came over to say hello.

Just behind the kiosk are seats overlooking the water. It’s always been quiet and nice to sit here. I don’t really like donuts but DD loves these. The rest we took back to the room.

The donuts are $4.99 plus tax. I actually paid with a snack credit off the quick service deal.

I’d bought this deal in January online on the universal website. Got 2 adult 1 day quick service deals and 1 child one. I swapped the email confirmation for the 3 plastic cards at guest services this morning. You get a main meal and drink, snack and extra drink per card. They don’t have to be used same day, apparently they last 14 days.

They were $19.99 adult/$12.99 child when I got them they have gone up a bit now to $21.99/$13.99.

We used the quick service deal last year and I’d got them again this year as we would be breakfasting in harry potter. They are only worth it if you are eating an expensive main meal though. I’ll add the cost of these into the day we used them for the breakfast.

Bayliner Diner, Cabana Bay Resort

DD was hungry still so I got her 5 chicken tenders and fries as a late night snack. These should have cost $8.99 but we had 3 vouchers for a free meal and drink worth up to $15 each (given to us at check in another story for the trip report!)

She ate some and saved some in the fridge for another day. We also got a bottled fizzy drink for later.

Day 3 Total $76.11
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Love your reports and we are on our own budget trip in September! so perfect timing for us! X
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I am so excited you've started your report.We are flying with American Airlines in October think I will get sandwiches for all of us on the plane.Thanks for the heads up on sweet tomatoes think we will just do lunch there now.Looking forward to your trip report as were staying at cabana bay in October can't wait.
Claire
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

More great days and food pics. I love how you have managed to find great deals/bargains to get the most value.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List