Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Jul 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Wow! Can't wait to read more!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks! Apart from Jenny I was unsure if anyone was actually reading! 😂
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Sounds fab! Can't wait to see all your food pictures Think I'll really enjoy this one as I have a sweet tooth (or two) as well.

The cruise looks amazing too.

You should consider trying the pulled pork slider from the Hawaii Food & Wine booth. It's my single most favourite item from all the options. Ooh dont forget ice cream from l'artisan de glaces in France too.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Sounds fab! Can't wait to see all your food pictures Think I'll really enjoy this one as I have a sweet tooth (or two) as well.

The cruise looks amazing too.

You should consider trying the pulled pork slider from the Hawaii Food & Wine booth. It's my single most favourite item from all the options. Ooh dont forget ice cream from l'artisan de glaces in France too.
I'll put it on my list, thank you!

Really enjoy your reports, so nice to know you will be following along... thanks for commenting 😄
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks Jenny, short legs and Miss Fortune for your comments.

If anyone else has any recommendations for me, please do let me know!

Old 25 Jul 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Epcot wishlist

Day 5 - Epcot

So today we have an ADR booked for Beaches and Cream, but I'll include that within my non-park eats.

We're planning a full day in EPCOT so hopefully we'll have plenty of time and enough room to cover off the items on my wish list.

So, without further ado, let get started...

First up, something I've seen in lots of reports and which I understand comes highly recommended... The cronut... Will it be too dry without ice cream? I'm thinking so and calories don't count on holiday right?!

I love croissants and am partial to a doughnut too as you may well have guessed from my report I have a really sweet tooth so this is something I'm really looking forward to trying.

Ive also heard lots of great things about the school bread from Norway pavilion, however, I'm not a fan of coconut. Would I still enjoy the school bread or not? Any thoughts on this?

Next up, it's a Strawberry Oolong tea slush from the Joy of tea kiosk

This looks so yummy and I've read lots that it's really refreshing on a warm sunny day too... My DH is a proper tea belly so I'm sure he will appreciate a stop here to try something different!

And the final thing on my Epcot wishlist (don't forget I have a separate list for food and wine festival) are Hi-Chew sweets from the sweetie shop in Japan...

If you watch Disney Vlogs you may already subscribe to Tom and Sophie's YouTube channel. They brought some of these sweeties back with them and in their haul video Tom's complaining that Sophie ate all the hi-chews before he had chance to have any

I love chewy sweets and I'm looking forward to trying something from as far away as Japan so these are definitely on my must have list.

Have I missed anything spectacular in Epcot? Please do let me know!

Thanks for reading
Old 25 Jul 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
I'll put it on my list, thank you!

Really enjoy your reports, so nice to know you will be following along... thanks for commenting 😄
aw, thank you.

Glad to see you've got the Cronut covered I still have never managed to try one but its number 1 on this years hit list!

I don't think the School Bread is overly coconutty. Provided you don't hate the taste of it, it's pretty subtle (in my opinion). I remember mainly just tasting the sweet icing and custard. If you have a spare snack credit give it a try.

Something else worth considering from Epcot is the American Dream slushie drink with ice cream in it.

Looking forward to seeing what else is on your list.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic, I love food trip reports, what you've got planned looks amazing.

I too have a really sweet tooth and love my food, especially desserts. If you are looking for a good option for lunch at MK I'd recommend Columbia Harbour House, its one of my favourites, as is The Plaza on Main Street, its a table service but its really reasonable and their chips (fries) are big thick ones!

I've also got the Cronut on my to do list this year, as well as a dole whip and funnel cake.

Eagerly awaiting your live report. x
Old 27 Jul 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
aw, thank you.

Glad to see you've got the Cronut covered I still have never managed to try one but its number 1 on this years hit list!

I don't think the School Bread is overly coconutty. Provided you don't hate the taste of it, it's pretty subtle (in my opinion). I remember mainly just tasting the sweet icing and custard. If you have a spare snack credit give it a try.

Something else worth considering from Epcot is the American Dream slushie drink with ice cream in it.

Looking forward to seeing what else is on your list.
Oh thanks will be sure to check out the American Dream.. Sounds nice!

We're not on the dining plan.. Think I'll give the School bread a miss.

Thanks again for commenting.. More to come soon!
Old 27 Jul 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Fantastic, I love food trip reports, what you've got planned looks amazing.

I too have a really sweet tooth and love my food, especially desserts. If you are looking for a good option for lunch at MK I'd recommend Columbia Harbour House, its one of my favourites, as is The Plaza on Main Street, its a table service but its really reasonable and their chips (fries) are big thick ones!

I've also got the Cronut on my to do list this year, as well as a dole whip and funnel cake.

Eagerly awaiting your live report. x
Thanks for your tips on Magic Kingdom lunch.., I'll check them out!

Cannot wait for another dole whip... I'm counting the days

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it