Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 16, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Non park Disney wishlist

Hi guys,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends!

Thanks very much to everyone reading along so far

So, we're now onto non park Disney food, and I'm hoping as we are staying in Port Orldeans French Quarter and we can catch the boat over to Disney Springs we won't be too tired to head over there on our first evening...

And the reason for this is because I'm pretty desperate to try...

A holiday sandwich from Earl of Sandwich! I've never eaten here, but both myself and DH love paninis, hot sandwiches etc and I also love Christmas so everytime someone posts about one of these I have to stop myself from drooling!

Next up and because we're staying at the lovely Port Orleans French Quarter (doesn't it look beautiful here...?)

I have to try the beignets... Again this is something that's spoken about so much on the dibb with such fondness, I can't wait to try them!

And finally, our last non park eat for my wishlist is Beaches and Cream.

We have an ADR here on the day we're in Epcot. This place looks so much fun, whilst we won't be having the kitchen sink (not being able to stand squirty cream, least of all a WHOLE CAN of it puts me off), I like the look of the ice cream sundaes (minus the cream) and I think DH will enjoy the banana split, so I'm super excited to be eating here!

That's it for now... If anyone has any recommendations which ice cream sundaes are good at B&C do let me know (I don't like peanutty things but I know the no way Jose is popular), please let me know.

Thanks for reading everyone
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Offsite eats wishlist

So, onto my offsite eats wishlist.

Our favourite restaurant the last time we visited and somewhere we are really looking forward to visiting again is Longhorns Steakhouse.

We found the menu to be vast, the food delicious and the prices really reasonable.

The bread they bring out to you - Honey wheat I believe? - whilst you're looking through the menus is amazing... I can almost taste it now

I'll most definitely be having a steak here (sooooo gooood!) -

And will probably be washing it all down with a strawberry daiquiri (or two)... Uber it is tonight!

Next up on my wishlist is a new place for us to try which we never got chance to visit the last time is Cracker Barrell

I think I'll have something really simple here like the breakfast pancakes...

I can't wait to sit outside on the rocking chairs and just take in the smell of the American air and let it sink in that we're back and have our whole holiday ahead of us (assuming we go on day one or two).

Next up, is another place we didn't visit last time, the Cheesecake Factory

From reports I've read, the menu here is huge and portions massive so most people usually end up having the cheesecake to take away (that's fine with me!)

I think I'm going to be like a kid in a sweet shop here with all the selection... Just looking at the photos makes me a little excited I'm not gonna lie

I think my choice here will be something I expect to be refreshing as well as tasty, so maybe something like Mango Key Lime Cheesecake? Any recommendations?

Next up, is Bahama breeze...

We visited the last time and all I can remember is there being an amazing atmosphere and the key lime pie being TO DIE FOR!

I'm not sure what I'll be having this time, but I'm looking forward to soaking in the hopefully amazing atmosphere of this place again.

So that's pretty much it for offsite eats for now. As we have an evening at MNSSHP and around the F&W festival as well as a couple of late nights in the parks I'm not sure if we'll get the opportunity to try many other places.

We do have a drive from Disney to Cape Canaveral to catch our cruise so if anyone has any recommendations of places to stop for breakfast or brunch along the route, please do let me know.

I think that's all from me today... Ill be back soon with an update on my cruise food wishlist... Until then... See ya real soon Thanks for reading along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Hi
We love Longhorn, Bahama Breeze, Cheesecake Factory and Cracker Barrel. We usually visit each onw when in florida! This time we are staying onsite but have a few nights off site planned. Hope you enjoy your holiday and all your meals and snack, onsite and off! X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Hi
We love Longhorn, Bahama Breeze, Cheesecake Factory and Cracker Barrel. We usually visit each onw when in florida! This time we are staying onsite but have a few nights off site planned. Hope you enjoy your holiday and all your meals and snack, onsite and off! X
Aw thanks very much!

We have very similar countdowns... Are you all prepared for your trip?

Have a fab time too
Old 7 Aug 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Aw thanks very much!

We have very similar countdowns... Are you all prepared for your trip?

Have a fab time too
I think we are prepared! When i think about it i get all excited! We have everything booked that we need to, we fly from Manchester which is about 3 hours away from us so have hotel booked night before. Not updated ESTAS yet, will do that this week probably. Just need to pack! Who knows we may be in the parks at the same time! I often wonder if there are any others Dibbers anywhere! X
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
I think we are prepared! When i think about it i get all excited! We have everything booked that we need to, we fly from Manchester which is about 3 hours away from us so have hotel booked night before. Not updated ESTAS yet, will do that this week probably. Just need to pack! Who knows we may be in the parks at the same time! I often wonder if there are any others Dibbers anywhere! X
We're flying from Manchester too on 16th- what date do you go?

Sounds like you're all ready... Nice to know others are counting down and as excited as we are!
Old 8 Aug 16, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You have picked some fab off-site restaurants, one that we love and are going back to next week (eek!) is 4rivers bbq. The food is amazing! Also my husband had the No Way Jose sundae at beaches and cream and loved it, my DS and I shared the Mickey's pants and we loved ours too. They gave us a clean 'pants' to bring home, so we make our own sundae's at home in our Mickey Pants! DS8 thinks it is fantastic 😊 I am really enjoying reading your report!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
You have picked some fab off-site restaurants, one that we love and are going back to next week (eek!) is 4rivers bbq. The food is amazing! Also my husband had the No Way Jose sundae at beaches and cream and loved it, my DS and I shared the Mickey's pants and we loved ours too. They gave us a clean 'pants' to bring home, so we make our own sundae's at home in our Mickey Pants! DS8 thinks it is fantastic 😊 I am really enjoying reading your report!
Oh thanks very much for the tip...I'll check it out online.

Bet you're so excited looking at your countdown... have an amazing time and thanks for reading along and commenting.. it's nice to know someone's interested!

PS - I love 'souvenir junk' as DH calls it, so may well have to try the Mickey pants!
Old 8 Aug 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh thanks very much for the tip...I'll check it out online.

Bet you're so excited looking at your countdown... have an amazing time and thanks for reading along and commenting.. it's nice to know someone's interested!

PS - I love 'souvenir junk' as DH calls it, so may well have to try the Mickey pants!
We are very excited to be going back I can see that you have done a lot of great research which will serve you well whilst you are there! Our biggest problem is fitting everything in but we do our best... we can always sleep when we get home
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Cruise wishlist

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well... Just over a month now until our trip, whilst most people would be dieting now I seem to be over eating... I'll say I'm stretching my stomach so it's big enough to contain all the yummy food I'm going to eat

So this section of my pre-holiday update is our cruise.

As I said in the intro, we are sailing on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas in a balcony cabin for 7 nights.

We've cruised with Royal Caribbean before and like their style of doing things, restaurants, shows, etc.

Here's our ship -

As many of you will know who have cruised before, most people head straight to the buffet area for lunch, and on this ship, that's the Windjammer/Jade buffet -

To say that they cater for the masses, there's always a good selection of food on offer. Usually a carved meat, choice of potatoes, curry, stews, salads and desserts to name a few. You certainly won't go hungry, although finding a table on the other hand might be another thing! Things do calm down after the initial 'I haven't eaten for 2 hours' masses.

What's great about the Freedom and this 'class' of ship is the promenade where there are lots of food options, including Cafe Promenade. This is a coffee shop where they serve complimentary sandwiches and cakes as well as complimentary standard hot drinks and paid posher ones.

It's a lovely little meeting place and lots of people may not realise at first that the food is included in your cruise fare.

Another popular place along the promenade is Sorrentos where you can get complimentary pizza and Italian food... A good option late at night when you fancy a snack!

Again on the promenade (yes this ship is massive and this is just one level!) is Ben and Jerrys ice cream parlour. This is a paid for place and you can get free soft serve ice cream on the pool deck, but for a treat this is a nice option..

If you love Ben and Jerrys and are doing a Royal Caribbean holiday if you book the room above the parlour you get free ice cream each day and suite perks as its named the Ben and Jerrys suite.

What we enjoy about cruising (apart from waking up in a different port each day and looking out to sea along with a huge list of other things) is getting dressed up and going to the main dining room for our evening meal (and lunches too sometimes )... The dining rooms on these ships are beautiful -

If you get good servers they can really make your dining experience exceptional, making recommendations for you and pacing your meal to suit you.

We've booked a table at Chops the onboard steakhouse for our last evening to celebrate the memories made on this holiday.. I cannot wait, they have pretzel bread to die for and delicious steaks!

A fun place to eat lunchtimes on board is Jonny Rockets. There is a small cover charge of about $5 pp but for that you can have as much food as you like. There are mini jukeboxes at your table and you can pick what songs you hear and the staff do a dance every so often which is fun to join in with!

And that's it! My wish list places done... I'm so looking forward to completing this review for you guys and have starting practicing taking photos of my food mainly so I remember!

If there's anywhere on your wishlist I've missed, please do let me know.

Thanks everyone