Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Birthday continued (Aug 20th)

We spent the afternoon in Typhoon Lagoon were all make up and fancy hair do was drowned by gigantic waves.

We probably had some snacks in our room at some point but I don't have any pictures.

Tonights Dinner is Via Napoli, however, our 7.30 ADR soon turned into a 9pm ADR thanks to the weather. We got stuck in a little Kiosk outside by Innovations and we basically stood and watched the monsoon come down. This picture doesn't come close to showing its full force but I'm sure you get the picture.

Now we were faced with a dilemma as normally I would just have binned off the ADR and gone to Starbucks or electric umbrella, however, two things prevented it one it being Phoebe's birthday and the other we would get charged as no shows. As the kiosk had no phone Tony rolled up his trousers and waded to the nearest Customer services who rang Via Napoli and told them we would be late. So after an over an hour after standing in the kiosk and purchasing additional ponchos we decided to make a dash for it and yes we looked like drowned rats by the time we arrived.

Fair play to them we were seated pretty much straightaway and looking at the bill the first two items on it were coffee!

We did order a pitcher of Moretti, which is my favourite lager.

We ordered a portion of fried mozzarella to start which come with marinara to dip.

We then ordered a large pepperoni pizza, both DH and I really enjoyed this nice crispy base and tasty pepperoni. DD wasn't fussed a bit too fancy for her.

Sorry about the half eaten pic - I did warn you it would happen and I can confirm its not the only time I did it

We shared the Zeppole, which I was disappointed with I was expecting more but they tasted like they had been hanging round a while. They were still nice though especially when drowned in the chocolate dipping sauce.

Phoebe then got a little cake and the CM's sang happy birthday in Italian, which went down well.

Overall I enjoyed Via Napoli, I would have probably enjoyed it more if I didn't look like I had showered in my clothes. The grand plan was to eat then watch illuminations, which I very pleased to here that it had been delayed so we would still get to watch.

The total bill was $94.79 plus $16.02 tip.

Phoebe was getting tired now so we started walking back to towards future world, we did stop off for a couple of snacks on the way though.

Phoebe got this, which was half gone before I got the camera out.

DH and I shared some caramel corn, they didn't have any small bags so they gave us two big ones - result

Both items cost $11.17.

In the end a slightly disappointing finish to what was a lovely day.
Old 9 Aug 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I was just thinking your DD looks familiar then I realised we were on the same Photo-share!

This is bringing back lovely memories
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Really enjoying your report. x
Old 12 Aug 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report so far.
Got to agree re CRT - service awful and food less than average! But worth it for the experience.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bogtrottin
Trying for More Ears

Really enjoying this. Your daughter looks like she had a wonderful birthday!
bogtrottin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shalligan64
Gone all Goofy

just finished reading, cant wait for the rest.

phoebe is so cute
shalligan64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Loving reading along those pizzas at via Napoli are huge!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Great so far - we ate at Via Napoli for the first time and had similar feelings, great meal and thought those zeppolies were average, like donuts but was expecting something a bit 'fancier' for $10
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
donna1974
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following x
Old 17 Sep 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

All looks great, hope to see more
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List