Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 16, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Tuesday 11th October

Hard Rock Hotel

Right, just to prewarn everyone this day was an absolute flop in terms of food! The slight feeling off illness I felt in Olive Garden had turned into feeling absolutely awful! I had a horrible sore throat and cold, and I felt really really poorly. Totally not ideal in Florida! I slept for most of the morning, but as we had to check out of Rosen Plaza by 11am, I dragged myself into an uber to go to Hard Rock Hotel.

We checked in to the room and I slept again until about 3pm. I was way too ill to go to dinner (or do anything that involved getting out of bed!) so we decided to get room service. I wanted something bland so we went for chicken and chips, with a side of onion rings.

I wasn't able to appreciate the experience properly, but it was exactly what I needed! Total write off of a day though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Wednesday 12th October

Starbucks, Universal Studios

I woke up this morning feeling much better, I was so relieved! As I'd ate so little the day before I was very hungry this morning (this is a very food heavy day), so we went straight for breakfast!

Steve got a Pumpkin Spice Latte and I got an orange juice.

Steve got a sausage and egg muffin and I got an egg muffin, Steve really liked his but I was still hungry after mine
Old 28 Nov 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Lard Lad, Universal Studios

As I mentioned previously I was pretty hungry this morning so we stopped for a mid morning snack. One of Steve's friends had recommended lard lad donuts so we decided to try one.

Oh my word these are amazing! I'm not a massive donut fan but this was incredible, light and fluffy and it wasn't greasy at all. We're definitely going to revisit here on our next trip.
Old 28 Nov 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Simpsons Food Court, Universal Studios

This was somewhere we visited on our last trip and wanted to return to as we really enjoyed it. We enjoyed it again this time, perhaps controversially I think it's the best quick service in Universal!

I had the Krusty burger from the krusty burger counter, which I really enjoyed again. I also had buzz cola which was really good! It's like a sugar free cherry coke!

Steve had the chicken and waffle sandwich which he really enjoyed, we both had the same as we ordered in 2014!
Old 28 Nov 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hard Rock Hotel

The hotel had given us each a voucher for a free cocktail, which we decided to make the most of by the pool!

I had a cherry limeade and Steve had the blue suede shoes. They were amazing, and even better being free!

Old 1 Dec 16, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Really enjoying this thanks for sharing
Old 4 Dec 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Lone Palm Airport

Before dinner, we went to get margaritas (for me anyway). I ordered the Watermelon margarita and Steve had a landshark.

When our drinks came I thought mine tasted a bit sweeter than expected, and then the waiter came back and explained he'd given us someone else's drinks... I was actually drinking a strawberry daiquiri! He gave us our actual drinks and said we could keep our others on the house!

I really enjoyed both of my drinks, I actually liked the daiquiri more than I liked the margarita! And it was a massive unexpected surprise getting another one free!
Old 4 Dec 16, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

NBC Sports Grill and Brew

We were running slightly later than expected after our free drinks, so we headed to NBC at about 9. There was quite a queue, but we were seated in about 15 minutes so it wasn't that painful. We sat upstairs, the views of citywalk are pretty great!

We ordered a starter as it was really late and we were hungry... and slightly tipsy!

I had the burger, it was good! I asked for it plain.

Steve had the brisket which he really enjoyed, he said it was much nicer than Reds!

Old 4 Dec 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Thursday 13th October

The Watering Hole, Islands of Adventure

We were straight out of the door this morning without breakfast, so after we did Diagon Alley and caught the train to Islands of Adventure, we were on the hunt for a snack! We decided on a churro and a pretzel between us.

Old 4 Dec 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Comic Strip Cafe, Islands of Adventure

After going on the rapids, we wanted to eat outside somewhere to help us dry off! Comic strip cafe was close so we chose a sunny area outside. We were so drenched though we almost froze queueing for the food in the very strong air con!

I chose chicken strips and chips, I really enjoyed these, the quick service universal chicken strips are great! Steve had a chicken burger.